Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Maggots found in baby food

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Family says they found maggots in baby food
http://wgno.com/2014/09/09/family-says-maggots-found-in-baby-food/

From the article:

It’s a four-pack of individual plastic yogurt cups with foil lids in a paper package. Lorentz says there was a hole in one of the lids, and maggots were crawling out of it.

These containers are sealed to keep the product safe from outside contaminants. Break that seal and let it sit and you're gonna have problems. Do this with any perishable food item and you'll have the same result.

I don't believe Gerber is at fault here.

But that's just me.

Family says they found maggots in baby food
http://wgno.com/2014/09/09/family-says-maggots-found-in-baby-food/

From the article:

It’s a four-pack of individual plastic yogurt cups with foil lids in a paper package. Lorentz says there was a hole in one of the lids, and maggots were crawling out of it.

These containers are sealed to keep the product safe from outside contaminants. Break that seal and let it sit and you're gonna have problems. Do this with any perishable food item and you'll have the same result.

I don't believe Gerber is at fault here.

But that's just me.

It's possible that the hole in the seal was made during shipping or in the store allowing a fly to enter.

I remember a long time ago people were going around contaminating food and drugs in the markets with poisons. they would simply screw off a cap and dump something into it, then screw the cap back on and no one could tell. That's when companies started making their seals a lot more tamper-proof so that people would see right away if it had been broken. This is a good example of why we should always check the seals for tampering on anything we buy in the stores anymore. In this case it sounds like it was probably accidental damage and the maggots were obvious, but sometimes it might not be so obvious.

It's a shame a story like this scares people about the Earth's Best. They sell the jars of baby food at health food stores here and Safeway. Not cheap. Until I entered a Dollar Tree and found them in the baby section too. What a blessing for people on a budget.
Hopefully we'll hear a positive update about this story.

A lady came into the ER one day.She was homeless.As they started to undress her they noticed an old cheeseburger in her pocket.It was crawling with maggots and so was she.True story.

Last edited:
Maggots have lots of protein, so they're good for the babies. It's probably best to cook them first, though.

The TOG​

143e7c3d947dce2c585951cdc4b73432.jpg
Make some of these for Halloween for your family :biggrin2

Reactions: TOG

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back