Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Marianne Williamson

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
This woman is not a Christian yet people who claim to be Christians quote her.
I always wondered why people who claim Christianity will quote non-Christians as a source of inspiration.
Is there not enough Christian literature to inspire some people?

From beliefnet;
Here's a quick quote of what Marianne Williamson has to offer;

Was Jesus the only Son of God?

Hogwash! First of all, I believe we are all Sons of God, and it is our destiny to be as Jesus. He said whoever does what he has been doing "will do even greater things than these." The difference is he was a Son of God who fully remembered that he was a Son of God and he displayed that understanding.Second, there is only one soul. To say there is "only one begotten son" doesn't mean that someone else was it, and we're not. It means we're all it. There's only one of us here

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/200...believes-about-jesus.aspx#mm6PLJdf4P1FGEZE.99

I always wondered why people who claim Christianity will quote non-Christians as a source of inspiration.

From beliefnet;

Hogwash! First of all, I believe we are all Sons of God, and it is our destiny to be as Jesus. He said whoever does what he has been doing "will do even greater things than these." The difference is he was a Son of God who fully remembered that he was a Son of God and he displayed that understanding.Second, there is only one soul. To say there is "only one begotten son" doesn't mean that someone else was it, and we're not. It means we're all it. There's only one of us here

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/200...believes-about-jesus.aspx#mm6PLJdf4P1FGEZE.99
never heard of her

what kinds of things does she say that people quote?

as per the above quote of her i for one will never be reading or listening to her

thanks for this info

I've quoted atheists. Wisdom is wisdom and making sense is making sense.
Yeah, and I know people who hang out in barrooms drinking and preach Jesus the drunker they get.
Doesn't mean there aren't better ways to share the Gospel with people.
I wonder, why is a Christian reading what an atheist has to say to begin with?

From beliefnet;

I believe doing the greater things than these is getting people into heaven with witnessing. Jesus told Peter He would make him a fisher of men. IOW, get men into the Kingdom. Both here and in heaven.

"We're all of it" "God is in everything".
It sounds like New Age fandangled stuff.
Jesus is nowhere to be seen in there...

I've quoted atheists. Wisdom is wisdom and making sense is making sense.
Atheists are very worldly.
I'm not saying they can't be wise, but a worldly wise.
We need to have the wisdom of God.
Proverbs 3:5-7a
5Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

6In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

7Do not be wise in your own eyes;

I believe doing the greater things than these is getting people into heaven with witnessing. Jesus told Peter He would make him a fisher of men. IOW, get men into the Kingdom. Both here and in heaven.

"We're all of it" "God is in everything".
It sounds like New Age fandangled stuff.
Jesus is nowhere to be seen in there...
Careful about promoting works based theology. There is nothing we do that will secure our salvation, it is all God's doing.

You mean the witnessing?
That's works?
I may have misunderstood what you were saying there. Were you talking about works-based righteousness, or that witnessing to other people will lead them to salvation?

I may have misunderstood what you were saying there. Were you talking about works-based righteousness, or that witnessing to other people will lead them to salvation?
I was talking about the witnessing.
So I think we're good about that not being a work?
May it never be!

From beliefnet;

Is Papa Zoom a non-Christian for having admitted he quotes atheists because wisdom is wisdom. Which is true.

Because certainly ignorance is ignorance that's for certain. Reading Galatians 3 helps to realize the woman you're referring to knows more about the Bible than you do. Specifically verse 26 in chapter 3 of Galatians.
Then there's Psalm 82:6. I say, 'You are gods; you are all children of the Most High.'
Being we are women and men , that children reference would impart we are then all daughters and sons of the most high.
Edit by stovebolts.
Jesus Christ was God on Earth! This is to inform you that everything God said in the OT was all that was meant to be said before God arrived on earth in human form as Jesus Christ.

You post a thread calling out a public figure and stating she's not a Christain. Then you imply anyone who quotes her isn't either.
But everything you claimed about an example of that public figures remarks in a Beliefnet article excerpt can be defended by Christian scripture!

:biggrin Now what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another thing that could assist your ignorance on certain scriptures of which you're unaware. Jesus Christ was God on Earth! This is to inform you that everything God said in the OT was all that was meant to be said before God arrived on earth in human form as Jesus Christ.

That may be so but that doesn't mean that they aren't still important. For instance, although God gave Moses the Ten Commandments in the OT, we are still expected to follow them today.

Is Papa Zoom a non-Christian for having admitted he quotes atheists because wisdom is wisdom. Which is true.

Because certainly ignorance is ignorance that's for certain. Reading Galatians 3 helps to realize the woman you're referring to knows more about the Bible than you do. Specifically verse 26 in chapter 3 of Galatians.
Then there's Psalm 82:6. I say, 'You are gods; you are all children of the Most High.'
Being we are women and men , that children reference would impart we are then all daughters and sons of the most high.

Here's another thing that could assist your ignorance on certain scriptures of which you're unaware. Jesus Christ was God on Earth! This is to inform you that everything God said in the OT was all that was meant to be said before God arrived on earth in human form as Jesus Christ.

You post a thread calling out a public figure and stating she's not a Christain. Then you imply anyone who quotes her isn't either.
But everything you claimed about an example of that public figures remarks in a Beliefnet article excerpt can be defended by Christian scripture!

:biggrin Now what?
If it can be defended with Christian literature, then defend it.
I'll show you how you are misusing Scripture all along the way.
I dare you, prove it!

That may be so but that doesn't mean that they aren't still important. For instance, although God gave Moses the Ten Commandments in the OT, we are still expected to follow them today.
Yes, very good point. And what is the 9th Commandment as reads in Exodus 20:16? Thou shalt not bear false witness.
The OP violates that command. It also in attempting to impugn Marianne Williamson , and fails, impugns God! By all those flames and false accusations against Williamson, that she is not a Christian, and asking what Christian would quote MW, while the Bible is full of scriptures that refer to exactly what MW said about sons and daughters of God.
God said of his children we are his daughters and sons. Think of the criticisms the OP contains about that then click the link that shows you in my other post all those passages where God declared us his children, sons and daughters of He who is creator of all things.

Back