Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Math game...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What we have so far...

A man was found dead in the middle of the desert.
He was completely naked.
He was not wearing a parachute.
The cause of death was a fall.
The only thing he had on him was half a match.
The match had not been burned.
There were no footprints leading to or away from the body (and never had been).

The TOG​

Did he choose the half match ? ( ie. "did he draw the short straw" )

Oh man gimmee a break !

Was surrendering/losing his clothes part of the draw ?

Was he in some kind of flying watsy that would crash if they didn't lessen the load ?

Ok. Had a good night sleep back into the fold !

Was the flying watsy a balloon ?

I feel like I'm on the track to the black stump :biggrin

So these people were in a balloon which was going down and they needed to lighten the load. Firstly they jettisoned everything including clothing and when that wasn't enough they drew straws to see who would leave the balloon to save the rest ?

I feel like I'm on the track to the black stump :biggrin

So these people were in a balloon which was going down and they needed to lighten the load. Firstly they jettisoned everything including clothing and when that wasn't enough they drew straws to see who would leave the balloon to save the rest ?

:clap:sohappy:boing

Here's your trophy.

th

It's the closest I could find to a baloon.

The TOG​

I don't collect stuff so put the trophy in your cabinet for me ta. Btw TOG do you have any information on how the snakes on a pole started being used for a medical symbol ?

I don't collect stuff so put the trophy in your cabinet for me ta. Btw TOG do you have any information on how the snakes on a pole started being used for a medical symbol ?

I've heard a couple of theories. One is that it has something to do with the snake-on-a-pole that Moses made. Another theory is that it is the Rod of Asclepius, the Greek god of medicine. It could be that the Greek version is derived from the biblical version. Whichever it is, it is often confused with the Caduceus, which was the symbol of Hermes, the messenger of the Greek gods.

Here is the rod of Asclepius...
170px-Rod_of_Asclepius2.svg.png

And here is the Caduceus
170px-Caduceus.svg.png

The TOG​

Ok thanks. I wonder why many medical centers use the Caduceus. I saw one yesterday that only had the wings and not the snakes.

Back