Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Math game...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry Michael no lollypop mate. :biggrin

We can't use all of our math rules in Binyawanyawanya so we need to work within theirs. Try comparing 5/2 = 3 with 10/3 = x ( 5/2 = exactly 3 in Binyawnyawanya )

Lexy is my youngest daughter.

5/2=3
2(5/2)=(3)2
5=6
10 is 5 doubled thus what 10 is equal to must also be double the answer of what 5 is equal to.
10=12
Thus, 10/3=x
3(10/3)=(x)3
10=(x)3=12
((x)3)/3=12/3
x=4 :cool

Since you can't have just part of a clam (I assume), they would either round up or down to the nearest clam. If they round it off properly, 1/3 of 10 clams would be 3 clams. But if they just go to the next higher number, it would be 4 clams. 1/2 of 5 clams comes out the same regardless of which rule you use, so there's not enough information to know which it is.

The TOG​

Clever Lexy ! ( who's Lexy ? ) Now Lexy please show your working to get the lollypop.

lol... by the way agua, I'm Lexy! :cool
I just usually cheat, and instead of logging on, I send messages through my mom. :thumbsup
OH! & can I get a rainbow lollypop? :biggrin2

Lexy is my youngest daughter.

5/2=3
2(5/2)=(3)2
5=6
10 is 5 doubled thus what 10 is equal to must also be double the answer of what 5 is equal to.
10=12
Thus, 10/3=x
3(10/3)=(x)3
10=(x)3=12
((x)3)/3=12/3
x=4 :cool

Here ya go Lexy. ( * lollipop of choice *) You did it simpler than me I used common denominator (6) :biggrin Oh I spose you sorta did the same.

Here ya go Lexy. ( * lollipop of choice *) You did it simpler than me I used common denominator (6) :biggrin Oh I spose you sorta did the same.

She ran off to work.

She and I both sat and starred at Sparrow's sequence and didn't see it. It's easy once you know. Can't wait to show it to my grandson when he gets home.

Since you can't have just part of a clam (I assume), they would either round up or down to the nearest clam. If they round it off properly, 1/3 of 10 clams would be 3 clams. But if they just go to the next higher number, it would be 4 clams. 1/2 of 5 clams comes out the same regardless of which rule you use, so there's not enough information to know which it is.

The TOG​

Yeah TOG it seems to also work by simply rounding up to the next whole number. I wonder if this will continue to work with larger bags of clams. ( I don't think it will maybe I'm wrong )

lol... by the way agua, I'm Lexy! :cool
I just usually cheat, and instead of logging on, I send messages through my mom. :thumbsup
OH! & can I get a rainbow lollypop? :biggrin2

Gday Lexy how's it going. Because you've gone to work your Mom get's the lollypop so if it's missing when you get home don't blame me. :biggrin

Sure a rainbow one.

She ran off to work.

She and I both sat and starred at Sparrow's sequence and didn't see it. It's easy once you know. Can't wait to show it to my grandson when he gets home.

Yeah Sparrow's was a beauty I wonder if kids will get it faster than adults.

There was a man (let's call him Joe) who was going on vacation with his entire family. The youngest member of the family was just a baby and the oldest was a very old man. There were people of all ages in between (large extended family). Joe presented all the passports at the check in and a man there looked them over. When he got to one particular passport, he noticed a mistake and said "They seem to have accidentally entered an extra digit in the birth year, and that makes it a palindromic prime number." Joe looks at the passport, which is upside-down to him, and says "I hadn't noticed that until now, but I see that it's a palindromic prime number upside-down as well."

What year was the person born, and what was the extra digit?

The TOG​

1961?
19161?

And yes I had to look at the definition of a palindromic number.

19161 isn't a palindrome. A palindrome is the same backwards and forwards. 19161 backwards is 16191. Neither of those numbers is prime.

The TOG​

71917 is a prime number, but it doesn't make sense upside-down. Here's a little help. These are the numbers that are either the same or different numbers upside-down.

0 1 6 8 9

0, 1 and 8 are the same upside-down and 6 and 9 switch with each other when you turn them upside-down. The year has to be made only of those numbers.

The TOG​

Back