Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Math game...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Put the extra nine between the first 1 and 9 in 1991.
Lexy says 19991
Born 1999
Extra digit 1 on the end

The way I presented it, either of those would be correct. 19991 is a palindromic prime number, as is 16661. When I first came across that problem, it said that one digit had been accidentally typed twice in a row. I decided to leave that part out to make it a little bit more of a challenge. You both get an award. Just print it out and fill in your names.

math09.gif

The TOG​

cool. is that a math 'notice' (noticing you noticed a notice to notice a notice noticed) :)

The way I presented it, either of those would be correct. 19991 is a palindromic prime number, as is 16661. When I first came across that problem, it said that one digit had been accidentally typed twice in a row. I decided to leave that part out to make it a little bit more of a challenge. You both get an award. Just print it out and fill in your names.

math09.gif

The TOG​

Thank you, TOG! I think I'll let my son hang it in his room. :cool
MathCertificate_zpsc570ac9a.jpg

A Man in an Elevator

A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the ground floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back, on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he takes the elevator directly to the 10th floor. Otherwise, if it is not raining and if there are no other people in the elevator, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment.

Why?

Exercise? If his clothes are wet, they are heavy, so he just takes the elevator. If there are people in the elevator, he either doesn't want to disturb them by getting off early, or maybe he is just too bashful to exercise in public.

He's too short to reach the top button. When other people are in the elevator, they push the button for him. When it is raining, he pushes the button with his umbrella.

If that's the case, why doesn't he just carry a pen (or something else to extend his reach) in his pocket on alternate days?

Two boys are born on the same day of the same year and have the same parents, but they are not twins. Explain how this is possible.

The TOG​

A couple could have hired 2 different gestational surrogates. The boys would have the same genetic parents, but two separate births in 2 different hospitals to the surrogates.

Two boys are born on the same day of the same year and have the same parents, but they are not twins. Explain how this is possible.

The TOG​

They share a birthday but not in the same year ?

You have a box containing 10 apples and you have 10 CF friends. You give each friend an apple and there is still one apple left in the box.
How ?

Back