Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Men Of God Fall Too

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Christian theologian steps down due to Ashley Madison hack

Robert Craig Sproul Jr., best known by his first initials, today stepped up to face his sorrow — and teach a lesson in God's grace in the process.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...n-theologian-robert-craig-sproul-jr/71489636/
th

Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. James 3:1 NIV

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 7:22-23 NIV

Apparently there are a bunch of pastors and religious elite on the site. He is just a famous one...but this has happened before.

I'm not a fan of this article. The author makes all of this the "hussy's" and a deamon's fault...

Look, not saying that I'm perfect by a long shot but I don't listen to my own cheerleaders either. That's usually how the slippery slope of becoming a Taker instead of being a giver happens.

When a woman throws a pass at a married man (as has happened to many of us) it is best viewed as "OMG...she is having marital problems... Who can help her with this problem?"

To dwell on the fantasy of having an affair without considering what happens "WHEN I get caught" is stupidity in its finest..

No one has ever gotten away with an affair... Not any past or present President... Nor any husband. Regardless of what he thinks.

I'm not a fan of this article. The author makes all of this the "hussy's" and a deamon's fault...

Look, not saying that I'm perfect by a long shot but I don't listen to my own cheerleaders either. That's usually how the slippery slope of becoming a Taker instead of being a giver happens.

When a woman throws a pass at a married man (as has happened to many of us) it is best viewed as "OMG...she is having marital problems... Who can help her with this problem?"

To dwell on the fantasy of having an affair without considering what happens "WHEN I get caught" is stupidity in its finest..

No one has ever gotten away with an affair... Not any past or present President... Nor any husband. Regardless of what he thinks.
That is true

We should be praying for those who have been taken in sin not making them a spectacle. The devil relishes at the chance to take a crown and say to God, see see look at your so called children now! Whether you like the spiritual leader in question, we are to pray for those appointed to such positions because the adversary wants to divide and conquer. Not judging anyone's comments but rather giving some food for thought.

When certain things are said, we'd better be DURN sure we NEVER slip, ourselves. (And THAT doesn't happen.)

The bigger the hypocrite, the harder the fall.

Who can forget the railings of Ted Haggard against homosexuality, and him, subsequently outed from the closet? Or Jimmy Swaggart, old holiness sexual purity preacher, unveiled from behind the curtains of engaging privately with prostitutes.

We can almost bank on railing against the sins of others will come back to haunt us. It's a spiritual principle. How many more pedophile priests do we need to hear about before we figure out that putting on a phony show on the outside is bound to failure by exposing, in public, sooner or later? Even with politicians, it often turns out that the very things they rant against, they commit behind closed doors.

Last edited:
I sin i wish i didnt... most of my sins at this time of my life are ones best described as attitude. Big time preachers seems to attract women who are trying to make them fall.. As if 'dethroning' them is the challenge.. Are sinners forgiven ? sure but repentance as a place in our forgiveness.. God has forgiven me over and over... Learning lessons by going back to whoever and telling them " i lied' are hard lessons... asking forgiveness for ones sharp cruel mouth is also not easy...
I do not read anyone on this site as trying to convince anyone else they are anything other than a sinner saved by GRACE...

I sin i wish i didnt... most of my sins at this time of my life are ones best described as attitude. Big time preachers seems to attract women who are trying to make them fall.. As if 'dethroning' them is the challenge.. Are sinners forgiven ? sure but repentance as a place in our forgiveness.. God has forgiven me over and over... Learning lessons by going back to whoever and telling them " i lied' are hard lessons... asking forgiveness for ones sharp cruel mouth is also not easy...
I do not read anyone on this site as trying to convince anyone else they are anything other than a sinner saved by GRACE...
Good post Reba,
It's not just big name teachers! Since '95, when I fe3lt the pull of my LORD to take up the Prison Ministry and the Computer Ministry, I cannot count, nor would I wish to, the propositions. some of them very skilled and soft but some on the other extreme and once those pictures are viewed, they pop up at some of the sickest times. And before I ever entered any ministry effort, the seducers were already there.

I am not that good looking but I know from experience, that does not matter. And being a people watcher I have witnessed men, Godly Men, by profession, placing their hands where they never belong or belonged on the form of the lass he is ?greeting? Cheaters of both sex's abound in the Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening Services.

I did not get that from what she said.

I DID get it from the Bible, tho (snipped from her article):
Revelation 2:20 “Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.”

It is not all on 'her', but there is a good reason Billy Graham made sure he had a man with him in his hotel room anywhere he went - it was for accountability AND to keep him from temptation. Sexual temptation is very hard to resist, and I believe it is way harder for men than women.

I did not get that from what she said.

I DID get it from the Bible, tho (snipped from her article):
Revelation 2:20 “Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.”

It is not all on 'her', but there is a good reason Billy Graham made sure he had a man with him in his hotel room anywhere he went - it was for accountability AND to keep him from temptation. Sexual temptation is very hard to resist, and I believe it is way harder for men than women.
These pastors have a model of behavior to follow and refuse to follow it. Then they fall. It's not a difficult model either with what those that haven't fallen have done to ensure that they don't either. But their egos allow them to think that they are above such things.
That's the point I am having trouble making.
Pastors and their families have it tough in a lot of ways that us pew warmers don't. I'm not here to rail on them. But the differences that is upon them are always in their minds too...so they should know.
I don't ever want to be in their shoes for a good reason... I really don't even want to be any leader at a congregation... But at times its unavoidable... So you go with it.

Billy's family tells stories of checking under beds in hotel rooms because naked women were found hiding there. How hard is it to understand that when you are a leader you are a target?

These pastors have a model of behavior to follow and refuse to follow it. Then they fall. It's not a difficult model either with what those that haven't fallen have done to ensure that they don't either. But their egos allow them to think that they are above such things.
That's the point I am having trouble making.
Pastors and their families have it tough in a lot of ways that us pew warmers don't. I'm not here to rail on them. But the differences that is upon them are always in their minds too...so they should know.
I don't ever want to be in their shoes for a good reason... I really don't even want to be any leader at a congregation... But at times its unavoidable... So you go with it.

Billy's family tells stories of checking under beds in hotel rooms because naked women were found hiding there. How hard is it to understand that when you are a leader you are a target?
The biggest blessing God has given me is the removal of the ability to perform and the desire to, anyway. If a woman tries to come on to me my wife walks away before she laughs. God removed that from both of us at about the same time, resulting in our ability to examine true love in a close and personal way that few ever are able to do. I wish that every married couple could arrive where my honey and I are without ever having cheated on one another because our mutual love is deeper than the average human will ever understand.

God has truly pored a blessing out on my family that cannot be contained.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back