Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Merry Christmas!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We have to get a nice juicy Halloween thread going this time.It must make the Moderators head hurt to see them. :lol

I'm luckier than some I guess. Wherever I've lived, Halloween has always just been a fun time for the kids to play dress-up and go outside and play at night, sometimes for hte first time in their lives. It's great fun and no one worships the devil or anything like that.

lol It's that time of year again...spread the seasonal cheer by arguing about whether Christians should celebrate any holidays that aren't directly Christian related.:sohappy (No disrespect toward those who do believe that.:thumbsup)

lol It's that time of year again...spread the seasonal cheer by arguing about whether Christians should celebrate any holidays that aren't directly Christian related.:sohappy (No disrespect toward those who do believe that.:thumbsup)
I do not celebrate Halloween.

If one has an uncontrollable urge to worship a Christmas tree, then yes, the bible does speak out against Christmas.

Otherwise.....

Neither did my family growing up, and neither do a lot of people at my church. Like I said, no disrespect or ill feelings has been intended.
When my kids were little I was a different person.Yes,I considered myself a Christian but I was a very watered down one.If I were to have small children today I think I might let them go to a Church halloween party and dress up as maybe their favorite Bible character.

My church does a fall festival every year. It's an awesome outreach opportunity, we had a meeting this past Sunday to talk about what we should do this year.:) Usually we make sure to give out tracts with the candy, have some stuff up about the gospel (like the hay ride in the past has gone through the Romans Road verses), play Christian music, etc. This year they also wanted some people at the church to give testimonies.

Here's mine:

Happy%20Everything.jpg

Darn it, I'm not ready for Christmas spirit until Thanksgiving is over:grumpy
I think I'm actually looking forward moreso to Thanksgiving. Although I do enjoy buying Christmas gifts for friends and family.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back