Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Military

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

Bryce

This may not be the right section but I couldn't find another place to post this..
--
Im going to join the USMC after High School, all the while I kept asking myself 'What would God think of me killing another man'.. Would the result of my action lead me to an eternity of hell both in life and after?
I could really use some advice on this
-Thanks

The commanndment really says thou shalt not murder. Even God would be guilty because He actually killed many in Old Testament times. If someone was going to rape and murder your wife, would you sit back and watch? The enemy we face now is very real and we should hunt them down and capture or kill them.

May God bless, Golfjack

I agree with golfjack on this.

The original language of the OT's ten commandments does infer "murder." Also execution and self-defense differ from murder. Some laws in Exodus address that.

The commanndment really says thou shalt not murder. Even God would be guilty because He actually killed many in Old Testament times. If someone was going to rape and murder your wife, would you sit back and watch? The enemy we face now is very real and we should hunt them down and capture or kill them.

May God bless, Golfjack
Indeed God killed many, but perhaps God is spared of these commandments he gave man to abide by, since he himself is of a higher being than man.. But that's just my thoughts, it's another question that man can only assume until we get the chance to find out face to face.
Although I agree 100% that if someone so much as threatened to kill a loved one and the situation had no other resolution, I would not hesitate to pull the trigger. I've also come to terms with the reality and horrors of the war we are now facing and in the end someone at one point is going to have to decide them or us. But even though I say that God's commandment clearly states,
" Thou shalt not kill. "
No 'If's' or ' ' but's ' about it, although if I reacall correctly, story's in the bible indicate god giving superhuman abilities to men so that they can destroy there enimies... Were they not just men? Or was this before the commandments were given?
Im a simple man who wants to fight for his country's freedom so I can have something I can say I've done for this country, to have storys for my kids, so I can pay my way through college to become a musician and travel the world playing the music I've dedicated my life to. And when I die I want to go to heaven and look God in the eye and not be ashamed of the live I've lived.

The original language of the OT's ten commandments does infer "murder." Also execution and self-defense differ from murder. Some laws in Exodus address that.
Lol, I just read that after my ^above post
I need to read up on my Exodus >:/

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back