Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Millennium Question

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

manichunter

Is the 1,000 Millennium a Sabbath rest?

It occurs on the seventh day. Mankind has been around for about six thousand years. A thousand years is as a day to the Lord and a thousand years is as a day. Hence, at His return at the end of the tribulation, He reigns in the seventh day. Everything comes to rest upon the King of king direct rule on the Earth. The whole swords turning into garden tools thing. Why would God not finish off the week by stopping at six days, and skipping seven? It seems like the book of Revelation is saying that God intends on having the seventh day which is the Sabbath day. He gave man six days by himself, now He truly abides with man on the seventh day.

Anyway, I just wanted to know others thoughts concerning this matter. I find it to be a sabbath rest for the Earth, the Saints that reign with Jesus, and those left upon the world. This adds creditabiltity to the arguement that the Sabbath as a day of congregational observance has not passed away or been abolished. It seems like mankind has to look forward to a 1,000 years of Sabbath. Hence it should not be anything wrong with it now, if it is okay in the millennial future kingdom of God upon the Earth.

What do others think the millennium is foreshadowed by? Is it not a Sabbath rest upon the Earth just before Eternity is kicked off at the end of this seventh day.

I dont know, because I do not adhere to any of the labels. I just quote and study Scripture. :-D LOL

Just funny........

Ps 90:4 -For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it is past, And like a watch in the night.

2Pe 3:8 - But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Re 20:5 -But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Re 20:6 - Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Re 20:7 - Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison

I agree, a thousand year period seemed literal to me also. I just look at End Times from many angles. ;-) The Sabbath idea is new to me though.

vic C. said:
I agree, a thousand year period seemed literal to me also. I just look at End Times from many angles. ;-) The Sabbath idea is new to me though.

Well it is the seventh day of mankinds existence and the Lord will be present for a thousand year rain.

Well it is the seventh day of mankinds existence and the Lord will be present for a thousand year rain.

A thousand year rain! Wow! That's a lot of water! I'll never again complain about a 3 or 4 day rain.

Paidion said:

A thousand year rain! Wow! That's a lot of water! I'll never again complain about a 3 or 4 day rain.

Oh, I don't know. There are parts of the Pacific Northwest that it seems like it rains for 1,000 years. :-D

Paidion said:
It seems like mankind has to look forward to a 1,000 years of Sabbath.

No working for 1000 years? What are they gonna eat?

You already know this answer, MANNA and Qualls..............

Hi manichunter. Do you have some proof from history that man has been on the earth about 6000 years? If so, share it with us. Some theologians believe that Adam lived some 10,000 years ago.
I don't have any references right now, but I could get them.

Now, in your mind you are making the millennium the seventh of a series of 'millenniums", and thus, because of the number 'seven', proposing it as a sabbath millennium.
I would suggest you stick with the scriptures and not speculate.

As you may know, 'sabbath' means 'rest'. This and all the feasts and symbols given for Israel to obey, are but 'shadows' of Christ, who is the 'substance.' (Col. 2:17).

Have you read what the compiler of the book of Hebrews writes in 4:1-11?
Basically, it says the bulk of the people of God (Israel) who were rescued out of Egypt and led to the Jordan River, across from the promised land, failed to enter God's rest because of unbelief.
Yet, in 4:3 the writer of Hebrews, speaking to his fellow Hebrews (some believers and some not),
declares "..we which have believed do enter into rest."

So, as I see it, today and in the millennium, those who believe the good news in Christ, enter into rest (sabbath), for Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.

Being a Amillennialist, this is my "2 cents worth". I believe the 1000 years mentioned only in Revelation 20, is symbolic for a long time, the period between the resurrection of Jesus and His 2nd Coming. For those who have believed in Jesus, they partake in the first resurrection the moment they believe. This first resurection is the Lord resurrection that we part take in, in that we to die and are now new creations in a spiritual sense. Unlike the SDA, I would say all true believers have, will and those in the future do partake in the Sabbath rest, for Jesus is our rest, even now.
Grace, Bubba

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back