Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ministry... what next?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

SillySeth

hello everyone.
I'm 18 and am a senior at a my high school this year. I will be graduating and attending a major university. Over the last few years, god has undoubtedly been calling me into the ministry. I mainly got called through scripture, but God also used a lot of outside cicumstances to drive home his calling in my life.

I have posted on this forum, in hopes of some advice. I have thought about going straight to seminary or maybe going to other Christian ministries instead of college. This was a major no in the minds of my parents, and I completely understand. Then... the decisions for the kind of colleges I came into play. I have decided and have been excepted to my state's University and am very excited to go. My question is what do now? I mean... I'm going to a majorly liberal, and non-christian campus. What things should I do in college to better prepare me for the ministry? Ideas are organizations such as Campus Crusade for Christ and maybe Youth Life. But what else?

I want to do whatever I can in college to be the kind of man God called me to be. But I also want to be fully educated as I can be in order to be successful in what God has planned for my life.

Please... I'll take anyone's suggestions or advice.
Thanks

First what do you plan on majoring in, and what ministry feild do you feell you're called to?

I'm a Senior, Christian Studies Major at a Christian college, and studying for the ministry is a big challenge here. A lost campus is all the more difficult for those looking to study Christianity or religion.

I understand that there are going to be challenges at this University but I figure that if I can handle it and progress... I will be all the more prepared for the ministry.

Presently... I feel myself becoming a pastor or possibly a youth minister. RIght now, though, I really feel like God is calling me to be pastor.

If you're call is to pastoring, then I would suggest a Bible College first and then go to seminary. Universities don't teach you the whole picture of scripture, and in our culture that is driven by relativisms, Major universities that teach "Christian theologies" are usually gong to make the bible look less significant, and personal response the focus.

The thing about BA's from Seminaries is that they are generally un-acredited. Meaning should you want to transfer to a different school, many times you can't because that seminary's classes aren't recognized everywhere.

When i decided to go to a Bible college, I had to look out of state, but if that's what it takes to follow God's lead, then it'll be worth it. I'm convinced I needed to change scenary for my college years, and it's been pretty good for me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back