Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Miracles move people to God, and stir things up. Time for us to step up.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Sound advice all around. Mike, I'm low carbing too! My good buddy Adam got in touch with me within hours of me trying to turn my weight problem over to God, and he told me about keto. I knew it was the right path for me to take. It is a total fat buster. Low carb and high fat combined with a caloric deficit...

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ Try this calculator...

Half the battle is in the mind -- the cravings. Carby, sugary food spikes your blood sugar and makes you hungry. It's a vicious cycle. On keto, I can happily say that for the first time since I was 9 years old, I am in control of when I eat.

Not only will it regulate your blood sugar and give your control back, once your body has depleted it's glycogen stores from carbs your body converts to using fat as fuel.

The easy, sure-fire way to go: Eat less than 25g carbs per day. Find your kcal daily energy expenditure (aka TDEE) using the calculator, and remove a solid 20% from that number, and that will be your daily intake. Of that number (let's assume it's 2000 calories), eat 70% of that in fats, 25% of that in protein, and 5% of that in carbs (or <25g per day). That's the ketogenic diet. It melts fat like jet fuel, and I've read several reports on it curing T2 Diabetes, PCOS, Metabolic Syndrome and even Seizure Disorder.

To paint a picture of this, I'll tell you my current daily micro-nutrients:

2000 calories (40% deficit), 28g carbs (I try to stick to <25), 171g fat, 138 protein (I try to stick closer to 100 if I can, because an excess of protein converts to glucose via nucleogensis and there goes your blood sugar)....

The only negative I seem to hear about the ketogenic diet is that it puts a strain on your kidneys. I've heard this point argued back and forth and frankly I don't know, but, I have ready many hundreds of testimonials since starting this diet from real every day people and they have all been amazing. I saw one guy lose 200 pounds in 9 months, doing a 40% caloric deficit, keto, and going to the gym 1 hour per day.

Please let me know if you're interested in learning more. I will be happy to tell you everything I know and agree with you in prayer that you are victorious.

Last edited:
Sound advice all around. Mike, I'm low carbing too! My good buddy Adam got in touch with me within hours of me trying to turn my weight problem over to God, and he told me about keto. I knew it was the right path for me to take. It is a total fat buster. Low carb and high fat combined with a caloric deficit...

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ Try this calculator...

Half the battle is in the mind -- the cravings. Carby, sugary food spikes your blood sugar and makes you hungry. It's a vicious cycle. On keto, I can happily say that for the first time since I was 9 years old, I am in control of when I eat.

Not only will it regulate your blood sugar and give your control back, once your body has depleted it's glycogen stores from carbs your body converts to using fat as fuel.

The easy, sure-fire way to go: Eat less than 25g carbs per day. Find your kcal daily energy expenditure (aka TDEE) using the calculator, and remove a solid 20% from that number, and that will be your daily intake. Of that number (let's assume it's 2000 calories), eat 70% of that in fats, 25% of that in protein, and 5% of that in carbs (or <25g per day). That's the ketogenic diet. It melts fat like jet fuel, and I've read several reports on it curing T2 Diabetes, PCOS, Metabolic Syndrome and even Seizure Disorder.

To paint a picture of this, I'll tell you my current daily micro-nutrients:

2000 calories (40% deficit), 28g carbs (I try to stick to <25), 171g fat, 138 protein (I try to stick closer to 100 if I can, because an excess of protein converts to glucose via nucleogensis and there goes your blood sugar)....

The only negative I seem to hear about the ketogenic diet is that it puts a strain on your kidneys. I've heard this point argued back and forth and frankly I don't know, but, I have ready many hundreds of testimonials since starting this diet from real every day people and they have all been amazing. I saw one guy lose 200 pounds in 9 months, doing a 40% caloric deficit, keto, and going to the gym 1 hour per day.

Please let me know if you're interested in learning more. I will be happy to tell you everything I know and agree with you in prayer that you are victorious.

Thank you for sharing that, right now I am going by what the Holy Spirit says. I need to pass a DOT physical in 2 weeks for a trucking job. Just seeing God drop the pounds off after watching Thomas Fischer and getting a clue that God wants to help with weight loss also, really was a whole lot of help.

Sugar is actually a Opid, and part of the Heroin family. The way it reacts to brain respecters is just like Heroin but not as powerful. I do workout everyday, mostly weights now since I busted my elliptical.

Thank you Blake, I won't have time to get into the details of the program though until I get settled on my trucking Job. It does sound like a good program for later, a bit technical for what I have time for right now though.

You can p.M me the info and I'll bookmark it and go over it. 200 pounds in 9 months is pretty amazing.

blessings.

Thank you for sharing that, right now I am going by what the Holy Spirit says. I need to pass a DOT physical in 2 weeks for a trucking job. Just seeing God drop the pounds off after watching Thomas Fischer and getting a clue that God wants to help with weight loss also, really was a whole lot of help.
Far be it from me to say to follow MY plan over HIS! :)

Sugar is actually a Opid, and part of the Heroin family. The way it reacts to brain respecters is just like Heroin but not as powerful. I do workout everyday, mostly weights now since I busted my elliptical.
I've learned that lifting weights causes you to burn weight faster... more muscle mass = better, faster metabolism. You're gonna be a power house soon.

I watched a doc on Netflix called Fed Up, which showed in detail how much sugar we consume in America, and how the big sugar corporations have lobbied to push more sugar on consumers in the name of profits. It's frightening how much sugar is in things when it's put into perspective. It really shocked me, angered me, and prompted me even further to change. I'm free of the sugar addiction now.

Thank you Blake, I won't have time to get into the details of the program though until I get settled on my trucking Job. It does sound like a good program for later, a bit technical for what I have time for right now though.

You can p.M me the info and I'll bookmark it and go over it. 200 pounds in 9 months is pretty amazing.
My pleasure. It is technical, but it's what works for me. I will PM you soon with some good links to read over at your leisure.

blessings.
God bless you Brother Mike.

I use the word luck as sort of a......... "Have all the unbelief you want" like an insult almost as I don't believe in Luke, or happened by chance. The world around you is filled with spirits pulling that way and this way.

Mike

No, I didn't mean it as an insult. If you lose weight, that's great :) I wish that you achieved your goal. Also, English isn't my mother tongue, so I may not be always good at choosing the right words :)

I heard doctors say it's best to eat 5-6 times per day, but smaller amounts, rather than 2-3 times per day of bigger ones, and breakfast should be the most nutritious one. Also, fermented dairy food is good for digestion.

I heard doctors say it's best to eat 5-6 times per day, but smaller amounts, rather than 2-3 times per day of bigger ones, and breakfast should be the most nutritious one. Also, fermented dairy food is good for digestion.

I have some milk that I thew out this morning that smelled bad, I think it's still in the trash. Good for digestion? Thanks for the tip.

I have some milk that I thew out this morning that smelled bad, I think it's still in the trash. Good for digestion? Thanks for the tip.

I mean yoghurts (but you should check the sugar content; Greek yoghurts should be ok). We have a variety of fermented dairy products (kefyr, ayran), and they are very good to take before going to bed.

I mean yoghurts (but you should check the sugar content; Greek yoghurts should be ok). We have a variety of fermented dairy products (kefyr, ayran), and they are very good to take before going to bed.

ewwww, that was some gross stuff. Now you tell me.

I bet you haven't even tried this gross stuff, and it's much healthier than coca-cola :tongue

I am talking about that rotten Milk in the trash, you just said fermented, and it was most definitely fermented. Now you say that you meant go buy it at a store.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back