Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Mission Church, San Antonio

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

9298072769_b05e6248a8_c.jpg

No, there are four other existing missions in San Antonio, all of which still have active parishes. The Alamo, of course, is merely a remnant of the original mission, just the church and some walls. Pretty touristy there. The Mission Trail is a national park and a good one, with lots of history and authentic buildings and equipment.

http://www.nps.gov/saan/index.htm

No, there are four other existing missions in San Antonio, all of which still have active parishes. The Alamo, of course, is merely a remnant of the original mission, just the church and some walls. Pretty touristy there. The Mission Trail is a national park and a good one, with lots of history and authentic buildings and equipment.

http://www.nps.gov/saan/index.htm
[MENTION=30546]Barbarian[/MENTION]:

Sounds like San Antonio is a really big place with a lot of heritage architecture, anyway.

A lady along the street from us is from Texas; my wife and I should really get talking to her.

San Antonio is a hoot. Great people, lots to do and see. And the River Walk is amazing. Give them a visit, sometime.

Looks like Venice...

The Corps of Engineers completely channelized the river as a flood control project, which had the fortunate side effect of producing a great tourist attraction, as the city promoted all sorts of shops and restaurants one story below street level on the river.

It had the unfortunate side effect of drying up a rather complicated irrigation network used by farmers in the area. The farmers got up a lawsuit against the Corps. The Corps' lawyers laughed and pointed out that they are legally responsible for all navigable waters in the U.S., and that they had immunity from lawsuits.

The farmers' lawyers then spent some time explaining Spanish Royal land grants, and the terms of the Texas Treaty of Annexation as it applied to water rights. The lawyers for the Corps stopped laughing.

Most of the farmers retired on the proceeds.

Looks like Venice...

The Corps of Engineers completely channelized the river as a flood control project, which had the fortunate side effect of producing a great tourist attraction, as the city promoted all sorts of shops and restaurants one story below street level on the river.

It had the unfortunate side effect of drying up a rather complicated irrigation network used by farmers in the area. The farmers got up a lawsuit against the Corps. The Corps' lawyers laughed and pointed out that they are legally responsible for all navigable waters in the U.S., and that they had immunity from lawsuits.

The farmers' lawyers then spent some time explaining Spanish Royal land grants, and the terms of the Texas Treaty of Annexation as it applied to water rights. The lawyers for the Corps stopped laughing.

Most of the farmers retired on the proceeds.

I guess I can slightly see how the Syrians feel about not being able to get water from Lake Tiberias (also known as the Syrian Sea, in verse by John Greenleaf Whittier). This was also a sticking point about Golan.

I have been to San Antonio, TX, and it is a wonderful place to visit. I attended an International Youth Convention as a youth director, there about 5 years ago. It was right along the River Walk. My only problem was I didn't have enough time to see the beauty of that city because of the convention schedule. I hope to return to this great city someday. Thank you for all the photos....brought back some memories. :cool

Back