Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Modern Christian music

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Free,

My son is a 45-year-old contemporary guitarist and bass guitarist. We were 3 hours north of Brisbane at a church service last Sunday and on his mobile he showed me the lyrics of a brilliant song. They were Christ-centred and promoted sound, biblical theology. He said he'd play the song for me as we began our return trip to Brisbane. Please don't ask me the name of the song as I don't remember the title. I'll try to find it's name.

He did that and the 'thrash' music accompanying the words was so loud and jumbled that I could not understand one word. I told him that I would not have known this song had good lyrics because I couldn't hear a word that was sung.

Am I too old to be able to understand the Christian contemporary music genre?

Perhaps it's because I'm getting closer to that time: What a Day That Will Be!
and When the Roll Is Called up Yonder.

Oz
Ha ha! I have some music, such as that by August Burns Red, in which the lyrics are difficult though sometimes easy to understand. But I always read through the lyrics to make sure the lyrics are Christian.

My musical interests are fairly broad, ranging from "metal-core" (August Burns Red) and very hard rock, to some experimental rock, post-rock, a tiny bit of rap (NF), various types of "electronic dance music" (aka EDM), to some worship, classical, and choral. And I do listen to some Christmas music year-round.

All of it Christian.

I was raised with always having the latest, greatest contemporary worship songs in church, but now I prefer hymns.

Petra, Resurrection, Phillips Craig and Dean,....

Casting Crowns has lost their edge...gone goomer. Their music doesn't have the same passion it once did.

Mike's Chair, 1,000 Foot Crutch, Christina Batestelli, Firefight, and such have some good stuff these days.

Back