Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] more prayers for Verna, please...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
...Verna is my older, wiser Pentecostal friend. She's helped me tremendously in many respects, even though we've only met once, when I was on an outing for Teen Challenge over 4, almost 5 years ago.

Now, here's the thing: I think, like all of us, that Verna has some blind spots, namely her family. I don't think its all that appropriate to go too much into detail, but I think some of her family see an elderly widow with health problems and a nice house and a little bit in terms of resources, and...

...you get the rest. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. We talk every day, and that's just the impression I'm getting.

Please pray.

It also appears that like with you, Verna allows her Christian love to be the fruits she displays. I pray she is given spiritual discernment in her path to disperse her gifts wisely such as she has done with you; the words she gives of God has its desired effect and does not come back void. Her family too may be benefiting far above what is apparent at any given time. :)

yeah, maybe I'm just...suspicious, that's all. My neighbor, they were an elderly couple, and the husband recently died. The widow has plunged into a deep, dark despair. The rest of the family--many of whom these two helped for years upon years--aren't doing a whole lot to help her. I don't think any of them are Christian, so...I guess that's often how people "in the world" are...maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

Anyway, thanks for your prayers. Being an elderly widow has always been a hard thing...The Bible speaks to that...and sometimes I think its often worse in modern society, for a lot of people. I mean, social security takes the edge off, I guess, but...with our hyper-capitalist, youth-obsessed society, being old isn't OK anymore, and to be old, female, and have health issues, and also not too much in the way of resources (not poor, but definitely not affluent)...well, that's rough. Not to mention that her husband only recently (1 year) passed away. Verna told me that she had a dream about Ronnie recently and woke up calling out for him, expecting him to come to her. Then she realized...he's gone. Painful.

So..yeah...keep on prayin' :)

Praying that God will bless Verna as she richly deserves, and that he will take care of all her needs. And that her family may truly know Jesus and grow to be like him in every way, so that they can be a comfort to her.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back