Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Moses a beer drinker?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."

Friar Tuck ~ Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

:biggrin

Yeah they lived on it in the middle ages too handy, It was the only way they could drink the water. They had no idea that the boiling process in making ale was what made it safe to drink the bad water that went into making it.

Sorry, but I've never been able to understand America's fascination with beer. It's like cigarettes. You have to learn to like beer, and so many people seem so eager and willing to learn how to love it.

Okay, add beer drinkers to my list of people I've offended, lol...coffee drinkers, bikers, the tattooed, reality and talent show addicts, young people, old people, German potato salad eaters, 'Hardcastle and McCormick' fans...oh wait, I'm one of them...they're cool.

America's fascination with beer goes back centuries. Those early settlers in what became the USA (and Canada) had roots in England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Germany (etc) where ale/beer was a household staple.

But the ale/beer drinking goes back to the BC centuries. Archaeologists have found evidence of ale/beer making in the 4000 BC and earlier.

I'm with you, though, Jethro. Rare is the occasion I drink beer. It's just never been my preference either.

Okay, add beer drinkers to my list of people I've offended, lol...coffee drinkers, bikers, the tattooed, reality and talent show addicts, young people, old people, German potato salad eaters...

Remember.... you can't please everyone 100% of the time. And, what is most important anyway: You love and follow our Lord and His word. That alone makes you A-Ok in my book, for what it's worth.

:wave

Both of my grandmothers were from a Pa Dutch sect called "Dunkard Brethren". It's kinda like a foot washing variation of Amish.

We always use to laugh about "No drinking, no dancing, and no playing cards"

The funny thing is , the older I get, the closer I get to that mindset :lol

No beer for me either

beer is nasty.... It dont taste good it dont look good. looks about the same going in as coming out :verysick

beer is nasty.... It dont taste good it dont look good. looks about the same going in as coming out :verysick
Early in this thread I was trying to think of a polite way to say that it probably tastes the same going in as coming out. (Notice I said 'probably').

I think you, me, joethemechanic, and AirDancer oughta get this tattoo:

...Okay, maybe not.

Would you put this on ice please, thank you.
heineken_1000.jpg

I don't like beer either. I've never known exactly what it is I detest in beer, but there is something in it that I just can't stand. After moving to Idaho where there are a lot of hop farms, I think it very well may be the hops.

I used to like drinks like wine and mixed drinks but alcohol is such a migraine trigger for me that now I stick with the mouthful of wine I get with communion... and that's it.

Pepsi is my drink of choice! :pepsi That and good old fashioned Sweet Tea!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back