Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Most Influential Evangelicals

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
For bible study: 1. Dr. Crefol Dollar 2. Dr. Charles Stanley
For inspiration: 3. Pastor Joel Osteen
For preaching: 4. T.D. Jakes

I like Chuck Swidoll, I listen to him the most. Charles Stanley is good to, and I also like James McDonald.

osteen? he is hardly a christian. that is like saying to me a jw is a christian or a mormon. he believes in universalism.

I like John Piper and RC Sproul. Dr.Sproul has a great website with all sorts of info, much of which is available for free (the charges for rest are quite reasonable, too).

I like John MacArthur, too.

But I would have to say, that in the purposes of God, it's not 'big names' that we are supposed to 'follow', but rather the consistently sound preaching that one should be able to hear at one's local church.

Blessings.

Who Are Your Most Influential Evangelicals You Listen To?

I used to like Charles Stanley a lot, but I think there comes a time we have to listen directly to the Lord himself. Men are not perfect, not even Charles Stanley, but the Lord IS perfect.

For bible study- Les Feldick
For life principles and inspiration- Charles Stanley- has several books that are very good too

I don't tend to listen to many. I'm more of a church person, but I like Don Carson, Peter Jensen, Ray Galea.

I used to like Charles Stanley a lot, but I think there comes a time we have to listen directly to the Lord himself. Men are not perfect, not even Charles Stanley, but the Lord IS perfect.

I believe because understanding comes in different ways, God uses the anointed ones to bring us closer to him. It is through our wisdom, understanding, obedience, trials and tribulations the Holy Spirit will open a door from growth we will hear his voice. This will be the same voice we new before God put us in our mothers womb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravi Zacharias
James Mcdonald
Woodrow Crowell
Adrian Rogers (re-runs,he passed awhile back)
Michael Yusef

osteen? he is hardly a christian. that is like saying to me a jw is a christian or a mormon. he believes in universalism.

What is it that causes you to believe he is a universalist?

I heard Larry King try to get him to judge the Mormon faith (Larry King is mormon) and Osteen didn't bite. He tried to void answering even. He was on King's show and it would have been wrong for him to condemn the man on his own show and in front of millions of people.
But other than that I am not aware of anything. Please share.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back