Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Motivation, differnce betwenn missery and happyness.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Milk-Drops

The title suggests that motivation can make you happy. In a way it can. I'm not peddling some woo woo, just pointing out some observations I've made in my work life.

What I've come to realize is that at my current location is that most people I work with don't care about their job. Its not that these people are lazy for the most part either. What I've come to realize is that depending on the manager, people tend to work with better output and turnarounds. These managers tend to go up to employees and ask them how they are doing and tell the employees great job or other encouragements when they accomplish something. People love to work with these managers. The majority of managers in my place of work however tend to treat the job as a power gain. its not a situation where they lead, its a situation where they are expected to be accepted without question, to be treated as a higher person. Not in the sense of basic respect, but in the case of them being better people and above others. There are rarely any compliments given and the managers also tend to be passive aggressive, down talking, and there is no sense of pleasing them. This drives fellow employees to feel useless, needed, and eventually depressed. Its as if you are working for a void.

Me and other employees have expressed the question, why even bother? Mainly because there is no sense of accomplishment. Its just constant deadlines, constant disappointment, and no real light at the end of the tunnel. Its low paying grunt work that is unrewarding. Managers with a sense of entitlement and treat us like we are stupid or incompetent is no way to work.

I worked down in Nashville Tennessee for a few weeks while living on my own and noticed a huge difference. I was working with people who seemed to care. My managers valued my input, they wanted to know how the staff was doing, and when we did something awesome, they told us so and made user we new we made an impact. It was night and day. Most of the stores I worked with had dismal working attitudes, but in Nash, people were happy to come to work and put in there all. It was because they felt like what they did made a difference. That is the difference. motivation comes from actually accomplishing something.

I think a lot of the current issues with public relations and politics could be solved if people just took a few minutes and just complimented people on what they are doing right. Not patronizing, or unneeded praise, just honest praise.

I agree, that positivity is more encouraging and motivating, than either threats or ignoring.

The work place is like a little cult or it's own little world - and can vary even right next door, depending on the attitudes of people, especially managers.

Most of my bosses have been awesome, but when I had a particularly difficult boss, I tried to do what she asked, even when it could have been seen has her attempts at humiliating me. I saw it as an opportunity to learn - it was humbling, yet I also moved and found another job after a while.

I agree, that positivity is more encouraging and motivating, than either threats or ignoring.

The work place is like a little cult or it's own little world - and can vary even right next door, depending on the attitudes of people, especially managers.

Most of my bosses have been awesome, but when I had a particularly difficult boss, I tried to do what she asked, even when it could have been seen has her attempts at humiliating me. I saw it as an opportunity to learn - it was humbling, yet I also moved and found another job after a while.
I'm glad to hear that you moved on and found a job that you prefer. I'm in a situation where I'm looking for a differnt job. I didn't mind working where I'm at in the past. It was stressful but I had a good relationship with managers. Lately we replaced our store manager, several assistant managers, and supervisors. It went from a productive laid back environment to a demeaning hassle.

Hope all goes well for you and I'm going to keep on pushing forward for myself.

I worked down in Nashville Tennessee for a few weeks while living on my own and noticed a huge difference. I was working with people who seemed to care.
That's one area of the United States where the Judeo-Christian ethic that used to be so prevalent in this country is still ingrained in people to one extent or another. They aren't necessarily saved, but that thinking that we used to teach in our schools and in our homes is still being passed on one generation to another through cultural norms and values and traditions in that area of the country.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back