Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Movie " Jesus of Nazareth"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Roro1972

I just saw an add for this movie. in the add Jesus was spesking. this is what he said;
"I came to give site to those who can not see and take site away from those who can see."

I don't recall reading those words. or anything close to that. do I have a bad memory or are these words wrong

I just saw an add for this movie. in the add Jesus was spesking. this is what he said;
"I came to give site to those who can not see and take site away from those who can see."

I don't recall reading those words. or anything close to that. do I have a bad memory or are these words wrong

John 9:39
Matthew 9:27-31
Different translations word it differently.....It's in there

Who declared to see?
Who declared I am a sinner please have mercy?

Those who cannot see. The adulterer and the man declaring himself a sinner, knew the need for salvation from God.
Those who saw, the Pharisees, lived by the Law blind to God's pursuit of the hearts of man.
Jesus was persecuted for blasphemy and sentenced to crucifixion because He preached the love of God above the Law.

the "seeing" from John 9:39-40 are the spiritual workers/servants who commit spiritual iniquity/lawlessness, because such people are usually inclined to claim they have seen/known God and His wisdom, but actually can see/know neither Him, nor His wisdom until still committing spiritual unrighteousness/lawlessness, and God is the destroyer of the spiritual unrighteousness/lawlessness, or in other words, the causer of the blindness (as) to the iniquity in the sinners so that they can no more continue sinning

however, there is probably some different interpretation shown in the movie

Blessings

Try to keep in mind that the movie is a movie, as was not directed by God.
Its annoying that Christians get so tangled up trying to find a way to offended themselves using movies, doctrine they dont understand, and opinions that are knee deep in ignorance of the New Testament .
Do yourself a favor and spend less time worrying about things that really dont matter.

Try to keep in mind that the movie is a movie, as was not directed by God.
Its annoying that Christians get so tangled up trying to find a way to offended themselves using movies, doctrine they dont understand, and opinions that are knee deep in ignorance of the New Testament .
Do yourself a favor and spend less time worrying about things that really dont matter.
Sorry I offended you

Back