Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] moving on

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yeah, me again. I only came to repentance 18ish months ago, and then only because of what I believe to be miracles. Happens to some of us, I guess; we need divine intervention just to see our need for Jesus.

All sortsa problems before repentance, things are so much better, and...I get the sense that Christianity, a relationship with Christ, is the only real way to be truly, completely, still fallibly, human. Its the right way to live, you know? And I'm just now getting started, which is exciting but also somehow daunting. I actually care about things like making progress and how I treat others and how moral/immoral my inner life and behaviors are.

I'm at the basics now. I used to know a lot about Jesus, but I didn't know Him. Now I know Him, and I realize I know very little. Funny, that.

Pray for your enemies, those who persecute you and despitefully use you. Do good unto others, even (especially?) those who refuse to do good unto you. *Love* your enemies. Show compassion. Go the extra mile. Turn the other cheek. Judge not lest ye yourselves be judged.

This is Christianity, and its at once delightful and sometimes difficult. My yoke is easy and my burden is light...

...challenging, yes, but a lot of my rage, problems with the past, etc. have dissipated. Not that Christ is a therapist. More than that, I'm growing up and moving on from a past in which I didn't grow up; I just existed and got older, maybe decayed a bit.

My family and I get along well, and that's priceless. I'm able to function in the community, and I used to be state mental hospital material. I've been given, and I'm trying to cultivate, bits of "the peace that surpasses all understanding" and "the perfect love that casteth out all fear."

Not always easy! Thing about psychosis: it drives you inward, into a dark space. Tranquilizers help, but...nobody ever became fully normal on the latest and greatest tranquilizer, you know? They calm you down, get rid of voices (hopefully). As for NORMAL...

...that takes time. And, thanks only to Christ, I'm getting there.

Yeah, me again. I only came to repentance 18ish months ago, and then only because of what I believe to be miracles. Happens to some of us, I guess; we need divine intervention just to see our need for Jesus.

All sortsa problems before repentance, things are so much better, and...I get the sense that Christianity, a relationship with Christ, is the only real way to be truly, completely, still fallibly, human. Its the right way to live, you know? And I'm just now getting started, which is exciting but also somehow daunting. I actually care about things like making progress and how I treat others and how moral/immoral my inner life and behaviors are.

I'm at the basics now. I used to know a lot about Jesus, but I didn't know Him. Now I know Him, and I realize I know very little. Funny, that.

Pray for your enemies, those who persecute you and despitefully use you. Do good unto others, even (especially?) those who refuse to do good unto you. *Love* your enemies. Show compassion. Go the extra mile. Turn the other cheek. Judge not lest ye yourselves be judged.

This is Christianity, and its at once delightful and sometimes difficult. My yoke is easy and my burden is light...

...challenging, yes, but a lot of my rage, problems with the past, etc. have dissipated. Not that Christ is a therapist. More than that, I'm growing up and moving on from a past in which I didn't grow up; I just existed and got older, maybe decayed a bit.

My family and I get along well, and that's priceless. I'm able to function in the community, and I used to be state mental hospital material. I've been given, and I'm trying to cultivate, bits of "the peace that surpasses all understanding" and "the perfect love that casteth out all fear."

Not always easy! Thing about psychosis: it drives you inward, into a dark space. Tranquilizers help, but...nobody ever became fully normal on the latest and greatest tranquilizer, you know? They calm you down, get rid of voices (hopefully). As for NORMAL...

...that takes time. And, thanks only to Christ, I'm getting there.

It sometimes takes awhile before we really understand, or are willing to submit to, Christ's will.

"Lord, make me chaste...but not yet." St. Augustine

You share much as I go through too Empowered, indeed while Jesus is a sense of you, we can often stray because of our youth

Jer 31:18 ¶ I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God.

As youth in Jesus we are like young bulls, head strong, and the Lord gently disciplines and trains us the way to go...painful process as I remember looking back, very painful....

Sheep on the other hand follow after peer groups and wander off easily...to train them you watch over the ring leaders...

As a teacher most kids in class are young bulls, or sheep. Both types are in Scripture, and I write this because your story is very similar to my own story with Jesus. God bless your walking along His path...Shalom

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back