Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Moving time!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

John

Hello everyone. I am finally leaving my Home in Nova Scotia for good and moving to Alberta :)

Last time i went to Alberta i worked in Jasper doing maintenance for a large hotel chain but i left after 6 months (accommodation issues) Now i am going back. This time i am doing what i like, i am the head of security for a 4 star luxury hotel. :eyebrow

Here are some pics from the last time i went. Ladies and gents i give you..my backyard:

4633_85442316591_578266591_1917769_4386548_n.jpg

4633_85443286591_578266591_1917781_3545516_n.jpg

4633_85444246591_578266591_1917790_3934343_n.jpg

9229_139804266591_578266591_2688359_3916232_n.jpg

Wish me luck!

During the next few weeks i will not be around at all, but i will let you all know how it goes one way or another!

:wave

Wow! What a beautiful backyard.

Good luck, John! :)
Both of my parents are moving right now, so I know what you are going through.

Knew a fellow that hooked a ride on a coal train from Pittsburgh. He said one thing he learned was DO NOT forget your water bottle! He was laying in coal and dust, without water, for 2 days before stopping to hook up more diesels to cross the Rockies.
:lol

Rick W said:
Knew a fellow that hooked a ride on a coal train from Pittsburgh. He said one thing he learned was DO NOT forget your water bottle! He was laying in coal and dust, without water, for 2 days before stopping to hook up more diesels to cross the Rockies.
:lol

I LOVE trains. I have seen so much snow that a freight train actually got stuck. They had to disconnect the cars and haul them away then get 3 more engines to push through the snow drift before reattaching the cars. One of my favorite things to do in Jasper is jump on a fright train and ride it to the next town then after i am down shopping i just back on a train heading to Jasper. But make sure you get on the right train.. All trains slow/stop in Jasper to switch crew but not all trains stop in Hinton....some speed on by and do not stop till Edmonton. I am not a fan of jumping off trains at 90km/hour. :biggrin

When i first took the train across Canada i rode this one from Toronto to Jasper.

:sad i dont have a passenger train service here. john ever rail load the arty pieces? all trains here are electric, the diesel is runs the generator which the powers the electric motor that moves the train.

jasoncran said:
:sad i dont have a passenger train service here. john ever rail load the arty pieces? all trains here are electric, the diesel is runs the generator which the powers the electric motor that moves the train.

No. We tow them or fly them.

Yuck electric trains are not my thing. It is like comparing a v8 hemi to a hybrid. :verysick

The train i take.

[youtube:2799fpyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDN_tet1f3g[/youtube:2799fpyo]

Stupid Jasper elk.

[youtube:2799fpyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPCTvig86Qg&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/youtube:2799fpyo]

those are turbine driven electric trains. you dont hear the electric motor but the turbine whine over the electric motor.

Have fun John! May it be a smooth transfer! Hopefully you'll have better internet up there than last time.

Lovely pics! It looks beautiful up there! :)

Back