Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Moving!?!?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Tj Brown

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but would like some advice. I am fixing to move a long way from my home due to my dad's work. The move is going to hurt pretty bad, seeing as I'll be leaving all my friends and people I've grown to love. Any advice on how to deal with the heartache??

This might be a stupid question, but would you be able to keep in touch with any of your friends through e-mail?

Hi Tj, and welcome! :wave

As questdriven said, there's email, and also facebook.

The only time I've moved house was to a different part of the same city when I was 5. So I can't speak from exerience here, but I would try to find a good church in your new place. You've got a whole group of like-minded people right there! That's a great place to meet new people and make some friends. Especially good if they also go to your school. Definately check out a youth group of some sort.

Sorry I couldn't really offer anything else to say. I'll pray for you :pray

Thx guys. My real trouble is coming from the fact that I likely won't see my friends any more, or at least not very often. I intend to keep in touch, but expect it to hurt all the same. Please shoot up a prayer for me if u remember. :) Thx

Hi TJ. Sorry for the later reply but I know what it's like. I moved from texas when I was growing up all the way across the country. It is very hard to stay in contact with friends. Some will fade, some will stay strong in communication. But look at it through the eyes of God. He has an entire plan lined out for you and He will use it to your advantage. You will meet new people, and even learn more about yourself with this move. Don't worry about what people think about you either. Be yourself and stay strong, you will be thrilled when you make new friends and its always nice to meet people and have a new start.

I've done one major move in my life, right after high school to college. I left a ton of friends behind, and I thought that I would keep these friends for the rest of my life. While I'm sure we could pick things up after some time, I don't count any of them as close friends. Like Jman said, God will make sense of this move. He will give you the friends you need in his time. As you wait, work on the relationship with Jesus, the friend who is with you always, even to the end of the age.

Back