Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mt. Kilauea Blows Her Top With 6.9 Magnitude Earthquake...biggest since 1975. Lava Flowing Down Neighborhood Streets

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I like the people calmly golfing with the volcano in the background.
Hawaii-volcano-eruption-Kilauea-update-960792.jpg

That's pyroclasmic flow if I'm not mistaken. It's what killed those in Pompeii instantly. I would advise that second picture is Photoshop That or those golfers are golfing on a course owned and operated by fools. And should not at all be shocked if they die from volcanic rocks exploding behind that cloud.

Hawaii-volcano-eruption-Kilauea-update-960792.jpg

That's pyroclasmic flow if I'm not mistaken. It's what killed those in Pompeii instantly. I would advise that second picture is Photoshop That or those golfers are golfing on a course owned and operated by fools. And should not at all be shocked if they die from volcanic rocks exploding behind that cloud.

Yes in all seriousness it was a very dangerous and a stupid thing to do especially because of the incident that took place in Pompeii.

I was in Hawaii when Kilauea was erupting some 30 years ago. It is a volcanic chain of islands often referred to as the sandwich isles.
People should leave at this stage because back three decades ago we could buy tickets and circle the volcano in a helicopter. Which wasn't that dangerous due to no ash plumes like the one in that second picture. Had that been the case there would be no helicopter rides due to the ash mucking up the works and crashing the chopper.

It is Hawaii. It was created by these powerful natural mountains. It's time to go.

Editing to add this part. I was on Christie's auction website yesterday. They have a real estate section. Featured was a gorgeous beach home and property in Maui. The closest neighbor to Hawaii. Just 26 miles away. Price? 22.5 million. That's optimistic.

That's pyroclasmic flow if I'm not mistaken. It's what killed those in Pompeii instantly.

Pyroclastic flow can travel hundred of miles per hour. That stuff seems to be really slow. People are able to get out of its way fairly easily.

Actually, the prevailing trade winds of Hawai'i are from the East and NorthEast. Depending on the wind patterns most of the VOG blows away to the west. Kona is on the leeward side of the island and misses most of the serious VOG, but it can still be a little unpleasant. My daughter lived in South Kona for years, but has since moved back to New York. I'm glad she's not on the big island right now.
Yes, indeed, good points. I've driven in the VOG through Kona, I know what it's like. VOG is more of a long-term health issue, I was thinking more towards immediate safety hazards like lava flows, pyroclastic flows, ballistic objects and the like.

Last edited:
Right, super fast lava and such. The stuff in Hawaii is slow. It hasn't engulfed any populated cities in seconds, like in Pompeii. People have been able to notice it coming, and get out of the way. Just ordinary lava.

At the current crisis level, there is no reason to believe that island-wide destruction is imminent. As bad as it looks. Worse case scenario is destruction of rim facilities (lookout, museum, hotel, etc.) and more widespread destruction of real estate directly below Volcanoes National Park as more rifts open up. In fact, even with the crater blowing, those rim structures are so far intact.

Yeah, I'm really rather curious why they haven't evacuated the island yet. The last I saw they were playing golf.
Because there is no need to. The type of Volcanoes in Hawaii are considerably different than Mt. St. Helens or Pompeii for example. About 15 years ago I was considering buying a few acres on the big island. In a forested area on the other side of the mountain away from the Vog and lava flows though.

Because there is no need to. The type of Volcanoes in Hawaii are considerably different than Mt. St. Helens or Pompeii for example. About 15 years ago I was considering buying a few acres on the big island. In a forested area on the other side of the mountain away from the Vog and lava flows though.

Well even if there is a difference between the two volcanoes somebody still got injured by it which means that obviously it's unsafe and it can happen again.

The entire chain of islands exist due to volcano activity. There is no , away, from volcanic activity on the sandwich isles.

Latest news has residents refusing to leave despite the danger. Oh , well. Some people prefer to be statistics in a death count rather than survive for their future I guess.
This site keeps updates very well. https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/kilauea/status.html

That statement you just made (even as a Christian) makes absolutely no sense to me. Yes It's true that I want to go to Heaven someday, but I also enjoy living my life and I want to do whatever possible to ensure that it's a long one.

That statement you just made (even as a Christian) makes absolutely no sense to me. Yes It's true that I want to go to Heaven someday, but I also enjoy living my life and I want to do whatever possible to ensure that it's a long one.
Unless you live in Hawaii it is likely my remarks make no sense to you because you don't live there. And possibly because you have more sense than those I referred to who do live in Hawaii .
Take your pick of those latest articles:

That same obstinate attitude , we won't leave no matter what, was reported concerning the residents of New Orleans years ago when Katrina storm was heading their way. Many drowned because they refused to leave stuff. Thinking a house and belongings were more important than a life. Looters risked their lives in order to remain thieves even preceding a pending Hurricane. Good! Evil was washed away but sadly along with the greedy and the self centered. Which was as it was meant to be because while God bestows common sense into many, there aren't many that take advantage of the blessing.

Do I weep for such people? No.
They made their choice as to what their life was worth.
As we see now in Hawaii. It's the culling of the herd. It is why Darwin Awards came into being. Some people are just too stupid to live.
That's not you. Nor is it me. But they're out there. And they make headlines and are then forgotten only to remain on paper as a statistic.
God is love! God is also the opposite of love because there is no thing that is not God being God is the creator of all that is.
It is a hard truth but recalling the garden of Eden, Sodom & Gomorrah and the great flood, it is the stuff of our scriptures prior to the new testament that brought the God of the old into the new as Christ. But he was always God. Both old and new.
Fluffy bunny faith is a myth.

Unless you live in Hawaii it is likely my remarks make no sense to you because you don't live there. And possibly because you have more sense than those I referred to who do live in Hawaii .
Take your pick of those latest articles:

That same obstinate attitude , we won't leave no matter what, was reported concerning the residents of New Orleans years ago when Katrina storm was heading their way. Many drowned because they refused to leave stuff. Thinking a house and belongings were more important than a life. Looters risked their lives in order to remain thieves even preceding a pending Hurricane. Good! Evil was washed away but sadly along with the greedy and the self centered. Which was as it was meant to be because while God bestows common sense into many, there aren't many that take advantage of the blessing.

Do I weep for such people? No.
They made their choice as to what their life was worth.
As we see now in Hawaii. It's the culling of the herd. It is why Darwin Awards came into being. Some people are just too stupid to live.
That's not you. Nor is it me. But they're out there. And they make headlines and are then forgotten only to remain on paper as a statistic.
God is love! God is also the opposite of love because there is no thing that is not God being God is the creator of all that is.
It is a hard truth but recalling the garden of Eden, Sodom & Gomorrah and the great flood, it is the stuff of our scriptures prior to the new testament that brought the God of the old into the new as Christ. But he was always God. Both old and new.
Fluffy bunny faith is a myth.

I agree with everything that you're saying except for when you said that God is the opposite of love because that's hate. And hate is of the devil not God. Anything that God doesn't stand for is of the devil not God. And I do weep for those people because of how sad of a fact it is they chose death over the life that was given to them. :sad

Back