Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Music and the Prince of the Power of the Air

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I remember a few times where just the sound of music turned me off. My brother was in my room. I like some elecronic music, but as soon as he started the song it was if my mind saw a weird powdery blackness around his iphone. The lyrics didn't even start. Here it was Ke$ha. I've witnessed this "blackness" around people and music a few other rare times. I wonder if it was an attatched unclean spirit or my imagination.

I completely agree with your OP tho. There are totally spirits in music. When I was newly saved I would flip-flop back and forth between Christian and secular music and I noticed a direct correlation between my thoughts and the type of music I was listening to at the time. My thoughts would be more evil, self-centered, I would find myself lusting and stuff when I didn't think like that at all only listening to Christian music. I finally just had to get rid of all the secular music.

I like that one much better! I listen to Christian hip-hop too like Lecrae and John Reuben, but that other song you posted was just some dudes cussing a whole bunch and calling it Christian because they did it by means of a loophole. I don't think that's cool.

You need to understand the word damn to understand the whole meaning. The song starts out saying "ready for satire?" As for these people, they were not cussing the whole time. And this is their only song that contains this. I actually felt humbled by the song. I don't think they were merely using this for a "loophole".

Here's a little analysis

damn verb
(in Christian belief) be condemned by God to suffer eternal punishment in hell.
Example:" "be forever damned with Lucifer"

condemn, especially by the public expression of disapproval.
"intellectuals whom he damns as rigid doctrinaire idealists"

Here is an example in scripture from Matthew 23:14 KJV1611
Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; for ye devoure widows houses, and for a pretense make long prayer; therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation (κρίμα - Krima) .
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611-Bible/search.php?word=damn

κρίμα means condemnation
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2917

LYRICS ANALYZED:

[Gold rush
For that junk we cant touch
Got us reaching for the sky
Praying for a damn sign,
You don't get it,
Then you damn the divine,
Like God owes you dimes
Everytime that your chime ring,
I mean,
who gave you rights
to damn a single thing?]

Meaning: A gold rush is a competition to mine up all the gold. You rush toward it. You want as much as you can get. People are rushing for signs like they are rushing for gold. "God! Just give me a sign! Show me that you are real!". Jesus said that if you believed Moses, you would believe him. If you need a sign, then basically you are saying if Jesus were here you would doubt him to his face. In other words you are insulting the divine. "Then you damn the divine, like God owes you dimes". Read the book of Job. Then you'll see this sentence speaks a lot. God does not owe you anything. The salvation you receive from God is not through works, but by faith. It is a gift from God! It is a gift of grace! What is Grace? Grace is getting what you don't deserve; unmerited favour.

[but emphatically demanding
an answer like you a king
who gave you breathe,
to man a single being?
a chance to command
your little brain to think?]

Sometimes we forget that we are here to serve God. Not be served by God. Life gets tough. We begin to question him. Then we pray for things. Then we get impatient. Then we begin to demand. Then we begin to build up pride, and perhaps even begin to blame God! "God why don't I have what they have! Let me have this! Can I have this! Help me! God I need i need I need" Stop! God wants you to be still. God wants you to listen. He is the one who gave you breath, gave you speech, gave you sight, gave you blessings. Then all of a sudden, you are asking like he never even considered you! No earthly thing can compare analogically to God, but for now let's try and say it's like someone giving you an expensive media player for Christimas and you go "Can I get that new album that's out too?" Are you not satisfied? Christ said, "if you being evil give good gifts to your children, how much more will our father give to them that ask him?" God knows your needs. But when we forget him, we forget that we are blessed.

[you ain't the start,
or the afterlife]

You can see this theme throughout Job.

Also Ps. 100:3 says "Know ye that YHWH he is God, it is he that hath made us, not we ourselves!"

I'm not going to go into a complete analysis, but I hope that at this some will be able to read the words of this song, listen, and think about them.

Odd Thomas is a pretty smart dude. He's done stuff with Propaganda, Beautiful Eulogy, and others. Here's a few other Odd Thomas songs I would recommend: Television Evangelist, Fundamentalist, and

I believe his musical presentation is humble, and I don't say that just because his record label is "humble beast"

Never heard of Reuben.

You need to understand the word damn to understand the whole meaning. The song starts out saying "ready for satire?" As for these people, they were not cussing the whole time. And this is their only song that contains this. I actually felt humbled by the song. I don't think they were merely using this for a "loophole".

Here's a little analysis

Odd Thomas is a pretty smart dude. He's done stuff with Propaganda, Beautiful Eulogy, and others. Here's a few other Odd Thomas songs I would recommend: Television Evangelist, Fundamentalist, and

I believe his musical presentation is humble, and I don't say that just because his record label is "humble beast"

Never heard of Reuben.
This guy could be the twin of my young friend, Jeff Turner, whom I often quote here. He relates that, thankfully, he has gotten a grip on some of that extremism, and is a bit more tempered now.

Back