Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

must we repent or say sorry

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
NIV romans 10:9

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

NIV John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Do we have to repent and say we are sorry for sins or do we simply need to believe Jesus was the Messiah/Christ.

more -

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Matthew 22:36-38 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with ALL thy heart, and with ALL thy soul, and with ALL thy mind. THIS is the first and great commandment.

:chin

How To Get To Hell In One Easy Lesson

I don't believe there is any better evidence that we are living in the "Age of Church Apostasy" or a clearer insight into the influence that Satan now has in some churches than the teaching by some ministers,almost always the very ones who also teach the extremely dangerous "once saved always saved" heresy,that we can just ignore the completely consistent teachings in both the Old and New Testaments that sincere repentance followed by an abandoning of sin is an absolute requirement for salvation.

Apparently the ministers who preach their spiritual deceit haven't gotten very far in their Bible reading.Here is just the start of the abundance of New Testament teachings on this life-saving topic:

Matthew 4:17 (King James Version)

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 9:12-13 (New King James Version)

12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.â€

Matthew 11:20 (New King James Version)

20 Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent.

ChevyRodeo said:
NIV romans 10:9

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

NIV John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
:chin

Acts (17:30) "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,"

You cannot follow God and remain in your sin. Repentance is the conscious decision to turn away from your sin and follow Him.

Repentance

RE – PEN – TAN – CE
RE = Recognize you are a sinner.
Like an Alcoholic, one must recognize he is a sinner. That is the first step. A sinner is in need of a saviour.
PEN = A Penitent heart.
We must humble ourselves before our sovereign God. Humility recognizes Lordship and ones total inadequacy without Him.
TAN = A Tangible change of heart & attitude.
This has nothing to do with a change of lifestyle. This must happen in the heart, the seat of our motives and attitudes which shape the thoughts and actions to follow.
CE = Cease all sin & unrighteousness.
Sin is outright rebellion towards God. How can we not turn from sin? The soul that sins shall surely die.

Re: How To Get To Hell In One Easy Lesson

DrFrank said:
I don't believe there is any better evidence that we are living in the "Age of Church Apostasy" or a clearer insight into the influence that Satan now has in some churches than the teaching by some ministers,almost always the very ones who also teach the extremely dangerous "once saved always saved" heresy,that we can just ignore the completely consistent teachings in both the Old and New Testaments that sincere repentance followed by an abandoning of sin is an absolute requirement for salvation.

Apparently the ministers who preach their spiritual deceit haven't gotten very far in their Bible reading.Here is just the start of the abundance of New Testament teachings on this life-saving topic:

Matthew 4:17 (King James Version)

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 9:12-13 (New King James Version)

12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.â€

Matthew 11:20 (New King James Version)

20 Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent.

Great answer, to which I'll add:

Luke 24
45Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

So you're telling me you guys dont sin. I know I do but I ask God for forgiveness because I know he is quick to mercy. That's why Jesus died for our sins....I can back it up with scripture....

1 John 1:9 New International Version
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

“I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.â€- Romans 1:16

No One is Righteous
9What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. 10As it is written:
"There is no one righteous, not even one;
11there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
12All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."[c]
13"Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit."[d]
"The poison of vipers is on their lips."[e]
14"Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."[f]
15"Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16ruin and misery mark their ways,
17and the way of peace they do not know."[g]
18"There is no fear of God before their eyes."[h]
19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

Righteousness Through Faith
21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
27Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. 29Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Seems Christians of the day get confused with scripture and fine points of Christianity....but maybe I honestly need to learn

God Bless

Oats,

To say that I am slightly confused in how you extrapolated the fact that these people do not sin from their above posts is an understatement...

In other news, repentance is part of the believing and the salvation deal...When you believe in Jesus God offers you salvation, a way out. You still gotta say you are sorry and receive the gift He is trying to give to you.

one must not cry crocodile tears at the alter or whereever the need to repent is felt, just mean that you desire to change.

I understand...we are basically stating the same thing. However it seems like the above posters are indicating that they don't sin...or are above judgement.

I'm sorry to pass of judgement's...just stating what I believe.

And I know what extrapolated means...It means to draw out of....for lack of a better phrase

Here is some verses I feel relate.

Made Alive in Christ

1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Pard said:
Oats,

To say that I am slightly confused in how you extrapolated the fact that these people do not sin from their above posts is an understatement...

In other news, repentance is part of the believing and the salvation deal...When you believe in Jesus God offers you salvation, a way out. You still gotta say you are sorry and receive the gift He is trying to give to you.

Sarcasm is the language of the devil

clearly I wanted to learn.
Contrary doesn't have to mean conflict

Read Teach's post and his interpretation of repentance. The last part specifically...that where I "extrapolated" that from

[quote="Oats
Read Teach's post and his interpretation of repentance. The last part specifically...that where I "extrapolated" that from[/quote]

Extrapolated or assumed, you should not conclude without at least checking with me.

There's no way I purport to be sinless or incapable of sinning in the future. If anything I will plead as Paul says that I am the chief of sinners.

Nevertheless I will say this: I do believe that it is in the realm of possibility, maybe not probability, that an individual can live blameless before God. That's why Jesus tell us to holy as His Father in heaven is Holy. That's why He says: "Go and sin No more". Jesus was truly man just like us. He divested Himself of all His Glory so that He could become like us. Yet by doing the will of His Father and with the leading of the Holy Spirit, He led a sinless life as our example. And He expects us to follow suit.

Through our conversion:
1-He says no temptation is greater than what we can handle.
2-He places us in high places where our enemies are our footstool.
3-He says the old man is crucified with Christ.
4-We have all authority and power over our enemy.
5-He provides us with all kinds of Gifts.
6-The Fear of the Lord (The beginning of Wisdom but also a deterrent to sin)

There is nothing that Jesus had, that we do not have in order to live a holy life. And in the end we only answer to God, don't we?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back