Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My 1968 Camaro

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thanks theLords! She's been a long time in the making and it's exciting for me to finally believe that I'll be able to actually drive it this coming summer. It's been a lot of work over several long years. It's just nice to have it all finally start to come back together. :)

You know if you get tired of her, Christmas is coming up and I would love a new ride! ;) :biggrin

Wow that car is going to be a beauty, a good fast running shiny beauty. I am a Ford guy, but I always wanted a Chevy with a 327 in it because they could be modified to the max, or a Chevy with a 396 in it that came with 325, 350, & 375 horses. And hey Stove I have not even seen a Holly carb in years, I have to find that site I found on Holly carbs some years back. Found it
Holley Performance Products History
Thanks for the link Lewis :tongue

When I get it back to my garage, I still have a ton of work to do. I have to put in all the new rubber seals etc. Oh, and although I have new carpet, I haven't touched the interior. I desperatly need a new dashboard as it's got a crack that's been duct taped and spray painted black by the previous owner... and then the console has some hole drilled in it for who knows why... and I've always wondered what's in the glove box since the guy I bought it from didn't have a key... so it's been locked for the the past 20 years LOL!

All taped up! Ready for the first color! The painter just sent these to me from his cell phone! Talk about hot off the press!

If you look at the tape, you'll see "lighter" colors of flames. That's a different type of tape to show the different color of flames. After he paints what's exposed, he'll tape of those flames, untape the other flames and then paint again.

When he takes all the tape off, then he'll tape the flames solid and do the airbrush detail work between the flames.

It's going to be awesome!

Very impressive StoveBolts.

I wish I had the skill and knowledge to do something like that. Your very talented, and I can't wait to see the final work on it.

Danus,

All the wrench turning is my ability, but not the painting part :lol, I'll leave that to the real pro who's doing the work for me :clap,.. although I did paint my very first car, which was a 1966 El Camino using about 2 dozen cans of red spray paint. Man my finger hurt!

oh my, that is coming together BEAUTIFULLY!

i'm excited to see the finale

Me too! My wife want's a set of small angel wings on the rear quarter panel, but we havn't decided on a set yet. My painter told me we better hurry and pick them out :pray

Ha, church last night was great. It was fun to show the pictures to all my buddies :thumbsup They all know how long I've been working on the car and half of them, including myself didn't thing I'd ever get this far lol!

Well, I got a test panel back today that shows the color of the car and the ghost flames. It starts out blue, then purple then transitions to red. It's pretty cool. Pictures don't do it justice so I'm not going to post a picture... because the only ones I have were taken last night under compact florescence and the paint looks completly different under natural sunlight... and we lost the sun today at 11 am and I didn't take a picture of it in true sunlight... my bad, but I didn't know it was going to get over cast.

I'm giving him back his panel tonight and he's going to add some pearl white to it and see how that comes out. Decisions decisions! I'll probably go with the ghost flames he's showed me (They are like way cool!) but out of curiosity I want to see what it looks like with a wisp of white.

Changed my mind about the ugly pictures.
BTW, I had him go red, purple, blue on the flames today, and I think I'll go with that. :thumbsup

Keep in mind that these pictures were taken inside with my phone, under compact florescent lights... The flash makes the metalic flake look like white dust :grumpy and it really looks totally different in natural sunlight. Matter of fact, the first picture where you can see the image of the hanging light and the doorway, that counter top is actually black... Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he had the flames finished Friday night. Took him 2 days to paint them all. I saw him Saturday at 8am and we had a tape peeling party!

This was what the hood looked like after the tape was removed.

the second was a text he sent me Sunday night after he had the car clear coated.
It's so shiny you can see the mirror reflection of his radiant heat (big pipe down the middle), the two florescent lights and his metal corrugated ceiling lol! Cant wait to see it in real sunlight!

Lewis,
That's what I love about Michigan, we don't have emissions :) Seriously, I've seen 10 second full blown street rods fully tubed with a role cage cruising down the street.

Anyway, I'm going to keep it on the street. I'll take it to the track to dial it in when I go e-85 but I can't put a set of sticky tires on it or I'll end up twisting the axle tube out of it's housing :sad Weakest link always breaks and at least I know mine, and when your talking 500 ponies, every thing is about money... Anyway, as long as I don't start lifting the front wheels off the ground I should be safe and I should still be able to run low 12's at the track... so I've been told anyway.

Saw it last night and all I can say is wow.... wow!
I only have one picture that came out on my phone, but I have lots from my digital camera (that I don't have right now)
Enjoy!

Back