Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My aunt needs prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

I think that she is FINALLY going to get out of a 30 year abusive relationship. Please pray that God gives her the strength to do this. Her life is on the line, as my uncle has threatened to kill her and he's now threatened to kill his friend that refused to give him a gun. It's a HUGE mess. :sad

Hi Nikki,
What an awful situation for everyone involved. I hope that you and your family are holding in there.

Heavenly Father, be with Nikki and her family during this time of distress and uncertainty. Give them the strength and courage to seek your direction as you use them to encourage, support and listen to one another.
In your Son's holy, and precious name,
amen.

Adding my prayers as well for Gods' divine protection over all of you and His guidance for you & those involved.God bless.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Please keep her in your prayers. Things have gotten worse today. It's pathetic that she's the victim, yet they're treating her as though she's the bad guy. We haven't heard from her since before lunch today and we're all worried. The last we heard from her, she was sitting in the attorney's office and had no feeling in her arms or hands. The stress alone is going to kill her. I would put her name, but I'm afraid it would jeopardize her safety.

Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. Remember, GOD is always in control-It's He who watches over all of us. Keep us posted. God bless you.

Rosalee Decker

Thank you all!

So much has gone on the past couple of days. My uncle was FINALLY arrested at 4am this morning. My aunt got a call yesterday from their next door neighbor. The neighbor said that my uncle told her "I have a big surprise for D (don't want to use her name) tomorrow when she gets to work". Then at 4am this morning, he was running back and forth in the highway in his underwear screaming "I'M GONNA KILL THAT *****!!!! I"M GONNA KILL THAT ***** TODAY!!!".

He is now in jail and an order has been issued for him to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

Wow... he sounds like a threat that needs to be taken extremely serious. We need to keep him and your family in our prayers... they can't hold him forever, and who knows what he'll do when he gets out...

Wow- how scary!! Praying for the best for all of you.

Rosalee Decker

:crying:

This is such an emotional roller coaster. My uncle will be held against his will for 48 more hours.

My aunt went to the emergency hearing today and they refused to let her have her son. Thankfully, she has friends that are keeping him. We tried to get him up here (they live in another state), but the courts won't allow him to leave the state. It's so stupid! We are FAMILY and can provide a safe place for him, yet the courts would rather have whomever keeping him.

To top that off, a cop called her this afternoon and told her to get to the house. She told him that she wasn't allowed on the property (which is stupid because it's in HER name too!) and he told her that she had better get over there anyways if she wanted her stuff because her 18 year old son was pulling everything out of the house to sell. He needs drug money. My 18 year old cousin has been addicted to drugs since his early teens.

Our judicial system is so lousy.

***Update***

My aunt got to the house and there were 4 cops there. C (her 18 year old son/ my cousin) had been carrying everything down the road to a pawn shop and selling it. My aunt said that she was shocked when she went into the house. The dog is traumatized (the dog is now with a friend). The house was a wreck and the door was completely smashed up. All of her jewelry was gone also. The cops took her to the pawn shop and the pawn shop is holding all her jewelry for 90 days, so she'll eventually get it back.

She had C arrested and she pressed charges. I am so proud of her for having the strength to press charges! It's not easy to do when it's your child, but she HAD to do it.

She was able to get some of her belongings, so at least she's not having to wear the same thing. Her court date is June 9th regarding the night she was arrested. As of now, she faces misdemenor charges for assault and two other things (I can't remember what they were). Hopefully, they'll realize that it was self defense and that SHE is the victim....and has been for 30 years.

Oh man, what a frightening situation. :o I can't 't even begin to comprehend what you all are going through! :sad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back