Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth My Baptisim (Update)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I am. He is the one who keeps telling me that I can't really be saved if I struggle with doubt in my mind and that I won't go to Heaven. :sad
just do your best we all have doubts at times... your young in the Lord as you get older mature in His grace and knowledge .you learn to cope with it.. for me he knows what buttons to push..i then react wrong if your truly saved your sheltered under his wings of protection[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope that I am. I have already been through SO much in my life that it's so hard for me to trust anybody. And not to mention that I am also having a rough time due to what time of the year it is. If you're curious to know what I mean, check out Alone For Valentines Day in the Young Adults section. :sad

just do your best we all have doubts at times... your young in the Lord as you get older mature in His grace and knowledge .you learn to cope with it.. for me he knows what buttons to push..i then react wrong if your truly saved your sheltered under his wings of protection

I sincerely hope that I am. I have already been through SO much in my life that it's so hard for me to trust anybody. And not to mention that I am also having a rough time due to what time of the year it is. If you're curious to know what I mean, check out Alone For Valentines Day in the Young Adults section. :sad[/QUOTE]
if your referring to your fiancee being in prison i do not know the circumstances but there are things you should pray about..like what is your plans when he gets out... i had that invitation once turned it down

if your referring to your fiancee being in prison i do not know the circumstances but there are things you should pray about..like what is your plans when he gets out... i had that invitation once turned it down[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

One of the singers in my former church use to sing The Anchor Holds and it always made me cry. That song is so moving.

I'm am glad you have a Pastor that is taking his time with you explaining all that of what you are questioning. It will make the experience so much greater for you. I never had anyone explain it to me, but was only told I had to be baptized in water so I was. I was so young back in those days with very little knowledge. I was really thinking I would feel some kind of excitement when I was dunked, but all I felt was wet. It was years later that I learned of the Spiritual rebirth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. These things need to be taught first. You are doing it the right way and I have seen growth in you since the first day you came here. Love and prayers to you sis :) :hug

I only have a couple of more days until I meet with my pastor and I'm feeling awfully nervous about it. I really wish I knew why since I know he is there to help me have a stronger relationship in Christ not judge the sorry excuse of a relationship that I have with Him now, constantly feeling a battle of constant doubt on my mind. But I guess I just answered my own question, that is exactly what I am worried about. That he will judge me for all of the sin that I have in my life right now. :sad

I only have a couple of more days until I meet with my pastor and I'm feeling awfully nervous about it. I really wish I knew why since I know he is there to help me have a stronger relationship in Christ not judge the sorry excuse of a relationship that I have with Him now, constantly feeling a battle of constant doubt on my mind. But I guess I just answered my own question, that is exactly what I am worried about. That he will judge me for all of the sin that I have in my life right now. :sad
what does 1 john 1:9 say? he is able to what? if we do what ?
------- --
Romans 8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death .https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-Chapter-8/ read it all you having a panic attack over nothing ..if ya got sin get it under the blood

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death .https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-Chapter-8/ read it all you having a panic attack over nothing ..if ya got sin get it under the blood[/QUOTE]

I don't think you've quite got the point yet. I am running towards Jesus with everything that I have ever got but yet the small bit of doubt that have in my mind makes me wonder if I'm even saved at all? What if my pastor finds that out and tells me that I shouldn't get baptized yet because of it? Maybe it's just the devil trying to get ahold of me again and make me afraid of the fact that I'm not truly saved and that I never will be. :sad I love Jesus so much but yet He always seems so far away from me and the devil keeps trying to keep us apart. I really don't want that to happen either. I love Him too much and I want to spend eternity with Him in Heaven especially after everything He has already done for me thus far.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death .https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-Chapter-8/ read it all you having a panic attack over nothing ..if ya got sin get it under the blood

I don't think you've quite got the point yet. I am running towards Jesus with everything that I have ever got but yet the small bit of doubt that have in my mind makes me wonder if I'm even saved at all? What if my pastor finds that out and tells me that I shouldn't get baptized yet because of it? Maybe it's just the devil trying to get ahold of me again and make me afraid of the fact that I'm not truly saved and that I never will be. :sad I love Jesus so much but yet He always seems so far away from me and the devil keeps trying to keep us apart. I really don't want that to happen either. I love Him too much and I want to spend eternity with Him in Heaven especially after everything He has already done for me thus far.[/QUOTE]
while i am in mo your in ohio for some odd reason you keep wanting to live in the shadow instead of the light... iam not your pastor but i would love to be the one counsel you.. i would walk you through scriptures you keep saying what if what if... for one the Devil can do nothing to you period. all he can do is whisper in your ear... whose voice are you going to listen to? the Devil or Christ through the Holy Spirit. your tweaking out over nothing .once again if your truly saved your sins are forgiven ..the only way your pastor should say you shouldn't be baptized is if your not sure your saved... only 2 people know if your saved or not YOU and God . your living in fear what did paul write ? God has not given the spirit of fear anddddddddd look it up.
i can respect your privacy but why keep looking over your shoulder as if some one is out to get you, if your running toward Jesus with every thing you have.. then why the fear ? help us out i will answer any questions i can . but your going to have to trust your pastor... if he throws a line at you... then find another Church...

I really wish that I could answer that last question for you,.. unfortunately I can't. Basically I do want to listen to Christ and the devil isn't having any of it. That's why he fills my mind with doubt of His existence and love for me.

I really wish that I could answer that last question for you,.. unfortunately I can't. Basically I do want to listen to Christ and the devil isn't having any of it. That's why he fills my mind with doubt of His existence and love for me.
somebody has filled your head with junk. 2. suggestions read your Bible and do lots of praying ,, do you not believe me when i say the devil can only do to you what you allow him to do use your faith

somebody has filled your head with junk. 2. suggestions read your Bible and do lots of praying ,, do you not believe me when i say the devil can only do to you what you allow him to do use your faith

Yes, actually, I do as a matter of fact. I guess I should start listening to my own advice that I gave Brother Alan in his depression thread.

Yes, actually, I do as a matter of fact. I guess I should start listening to my own advice that I gave Brother Alan in his depression thread.
it is next to impossible to really help a person via internet . a lady that i knew had at one time been involved with satanist .. she messaged me. trying to figure out how Christ could forgive her.. her sister whom i graduated with worked with her. her bro who as a preacher ( i had no idea of ) worked with her. dont get me wrong the power of Satan is very real ..but the power of God is greater . in your case it appears you stay with in yourself .. dont get out much ..other than finding junk on the net not a whole lot you can get into .. my main advice do some serious soul searching seek ye the lord while he may be found call ye upon him while he is near.. look at this next scripture
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. ( i dont see you as wicked )

it is next to impossible to really help a person via internet . a lady that i knew had at one time been involved with satanist .. she messaged me. trying to figure out how Christ could forgive her.. her sister whom i graduated with worked with her. her bro who as a preacher ( i had no idea of ) worked with her. dont get me wrong the power of Satan is very real ..but the power of God is greater . in your case it appears you stay with in yourself .. dont get out much ..other than finding junk on the net not a whole lot you can get into .. my main advice do some serious soul searching seek ye the lord while he may be found call ye upon him while he is near.. look at this next scripture
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. ( i dont see you as wicked )

Thanks, I was actually going to try and start reading my message Bible tonight. I really need to start again. Right now there just happen to be scriptures that I'm looking for that I wonder if anybody can help me out with in the Bible study area.

Thanks, I was actually going to try and start reading my message Bible tonight. I really need to start again. Right now there just happen to be scriptures that I'm looking for that I wonder if anybody can help me out with in the Bible study area.
what are you looking for?
i can find them post them for you

Well this is it guys, tomorrow is the big day for me (where I meet with my pastor, not the Baptism itself) and even though I'm a bit nervous about the answers that my pastor will give me to some of my questions, I'm really looking forward to having them answered at last. I will post all of the details some time tomorrow evening. :)

Back