Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs My Favorite Owl

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Barbarian

13513363585_4a2cf6e80a_c.jpg

Yep. She and her mate live across the street from me, in a wooded area near a pond. Here, she's got her feathers all ruffled because some crows are screaming at her, and shes pretty angry about it.

I heard that other kinds of birds often get angry at owls and even attack them without any reason. Probably because the owl is a predator, so depending what kind of bird you are an owl is either a threat or a food competitor.

I was walking the dog very early this morning, and the Owl family has grown by at least two. It was too dark to get much of a shot, but we definitely have young owls. Second year in a row that Midland and Odessa have successfully fledged young ones. I was so pleased, I was stopping passers-by and telling them about it. Got a couple of funny look, and a few grins. I'm odd, I suppose.

13651704034_90e8194c4c_c.jpg

Mrs. Barbarian is all dewy-eyed. We feel like Godparents. The pond also had some visiting cormorants, and a great blue heron having an altercation with a great white egret. But I didn't get much of that. Just the new owls.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back