Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My fiancé and I need your prayers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I haven't been here in a few months but I thought I'd pop in today and ask for all of you to please keep my fiancé and I in your prayers.

Back on July 20th, I had spent a good part of the day with him (from 7AM til about 2:30PM or so) and when we parted ways, he told me that he'd call me later on that night. I stopped at our local library on my home and when I got home, my mom said he had called saying I had left and that he'd call me later on. About an hour later, the phone rang and it was a recording of "Hello! You have a collect call from ____ an inmate at the _____ County Jail! If you'd like to accept press yadda yadda yadda..." He was in tears and said "Babygirl! Please get me out of here!"

I didn't have $250 to get him out on bail and now he's got some extra charges (besides the one he was arrested for) on him and he's been in four months now. I miss him so much but we keep in touch via letters (up to 53 since he's been in) and (when he can) phone calls.

It's been rough but with prayer and my mom being my rock, we've been getting through it. It has actually made our relationship stronger the ever. It's put things in perspective for us of how much we truly do love each other and care about each other.

But just continue to keep us in your prayers. We aren't sure yet how long he'll have in. He's hoping to get the plea deal of four years (the minimum) so, I won't know anything until January probably. But I do get to see him tomorrow with visitation (only a twenty minute visit but it's better then none at all!). So...

I'd just appreciate your prayers please!
Thank you! :silly

You're in my prayers, Somebodysangel, as is your situation.

It's not easy when you and your fiance can't spend much time together. It's wonderful you write letters & can speak on the phone. Have you considered sharing Scripture with your fiance via the letters? You may not be together in person, but through our Lord's Word, you can draw closer to the relationship our Lord wants for the two of you. Even the process of quoting a verse or two of Scripture can bring comfort to you & your fiance.

Please keep us updated on how everything is going. Prayers are definitely with you!

Hi, somebody;s angel:

So sorry to read this. Hope that you both can find a way to make regular Bible reading a source of guidance and strength.

Praying, f

I also ask for prayers for just me please. I did something stupid last night, I deleted it now but I feel that the friend who posted on it is going to run off and blab it to those who I don't speak to anymore. I told her I was sorry and I wasn't thinking when I posted it but I just feel like a terrible person. Part of me wishes she'd realize what I go through daily. She has a job and can go on a cruise in a few days. I have no job and I'm going through this (what I posted above). I just feel awful right now!

Turn everything over to our Lord to handle, Somebodysangel. There are times when we each experience a contagious case of the stupids; our Lord accepts us as we are, and He listens when we turn to Him with our prayers, words and deeds.

Unless one has walked in your shoes, one can only imagine what is really going on for you in your life. This does not mean everyone else is heartless or not caring. I'm confident your true friends do care about your time of trial & tribulation. In return, you should be happy for your friends who aren't going thru rough times. Again, where your feelings are concerned about the friend going on the cruise: turn those feelings over to our Lord. Woven into those feelings is a strand of jealousy, which you don't truly mean to have but is there just the same.

In the meanwhile, you're in my prayers. Stay focused on your relationship with our Lord, and know you have friends who care about you!

Thanks so much, Air. I have realized through this tough time who my true friends are. I hated to do it but I had to remove her from my friends on Facebook because it feels as if I am always brought down even more when I see her photos and all her posts, etc. Maybe our friendship wasn't meant to be forever since the last time we really sat down and talked was five years ago when she was here. I hate doing it but that's how I feel.

Perhaps by being removed as your friend on Facebook, she will understand that the friendship has suffered to the point of non-existence. Friendships require more effort than just posting on someone's page. Reality time - such as phone calls, personal letters - help to keep relationships growing, instead of drifting off and eventually ceasing to exist. It's sad when that happens, but this is an ever-growing-more-impersonal world in which we're living.

Continue to keep her in your prayers, though. And remember, what you're living through at this time will become history, and with our Lord's grace & guidance, your life will once again shine.

Blessings!

Remember, we have a Heavenly Father who knows your situation, as Air mentioned. I will be praying for you and your fiance. Friends on this earth may fail us or not understand, nevertheless as Proverbs 18:24 says, there is a friend that sticks closers then a brother.

Thank you all so much! I appreciate it... I feel this song has become an anthem to me... I love it so much! :)
[video=youtube;SlgkIvLx2v4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlgkIvLx2v4[/video]

You're in my prayers, Somebodysangel, as is your situation. Have you considered sharing Scripture with your fiance via the letters? You may not be together in person, but through our Lord's Word, you can draw closer to the relationship our Lord wants for the two of you. Even the process of quoting a verse or two of Scripture can bring comfort to you & your fiance. Please keep us updated on how everything is going. Prayers are definitely with you!

Thanks for the kind words ... yes we do use scriptures in our letters that we send to him as I too write him as well. In fact a few times that we have gotten something from him he has sent us some verses back and so that was so good to hear and to see those too. Her father the first time that he had written to him he had nothing but scriptures in his letter to him and all her fiance wanted was a simple letter telling him how work is and what is new and how the building was coming along so ... he was a bit upset with just scriptures but he is doing better since ... He is a Christian and so we are happy about that and so ... We all miss him very much :) thanks again for the kind words !!

Thank you all so much. Really got some unexpected bills come up that I need to pay and I'm needing a job very badly. Please continue to pray for us! And my fiance has a Change of Plea hearing on Monday so... Please pray!

Prayers continue for you, your fiance, & your entire situation, Somebodysangel. Receiving unexpected bills definitely isn't fun at any time, let alone when you're dealing with so many other issues.

Just continue to keep strong in your faith, and don't waver in your one-on-one time with our Lord.

Blessings!

Tomorrow- my sweetheart has his Change of Plea hearing in court. And, we're praying that the judge will accept the plea deal which hopefully (what we figure) his sentencing hearing will be (possibly) Christmas Eve or New Years Eve. I'm so thankful though that his public defender is trying to get him the least amount possible. If he were to go to jury trial and lose, he'd face the state maximum of thirty five years. Right now, I don't think I could handle that. His public defender wants to get him a four year tap meaning he'd be in for half of that and be able to come home after two years. So, please keep us in your prayers!

Praise! A friend heard about the unexpected bill and didn't want to see me have to go through "legal action" with it so she gave me the money to cover it! It is a big sigh of relief off my shoulders! :)

Amen ... for your good news that you got about the bill and that friend that you have was a ANGEL for sure !!! Be sure that the next time that you see her { that is if you see her before I do } give her a BIG HUG and thank her !!!

Like you I am praying too for the least time for your sweetheart ... As I too miss not having him around the house on Sunday Afternoon's !! Christmas will be hard for us but we have gotten through the last 5 months together ... We can get through this too. So, I am adding on a extra prayer for tomorrow that we DO NOT GET THAT DENSE FOG ADVISORY that they are calling for because that will mean SLOW DRIVING TOMORROW ... so let's pray !!!

Such beautiful answer to prayers, Somebodysangel! Your friend who covered that bill is definitely an angel, as WinterRose stated. God continues to work in mysterious & amazing ways in our lives!

Prayers continue ....and now include clear weather for tomorrow.

Please keep us updated, Hon .... you're in the thoughts & prayers of many people, both here at CFnet & beyond

Verdict's in... Sentencing is set for January 2nd... HAPPY NEW YEAR to us! But he seems to be doing okay... Probably ready for Sunday (visitation again! :biggrin) so... Plus, I was able to pay off one of our bills today AND put some money down for him! :).

Also-- we DID have the very bad fog but I helped mom get through it and we made it early for the bus and we were at the courthouse 20 minutes early so all is good! :)

Thanks for the update, SomebodysAngel. Sorry to hear about the fog...but great news that you made it to the courthouse with a bit of time to spare.

The emotions surrounding your words are much lighter than they had been in previous posts. This is wonderful! God is true, and He is amazing!

Prayers are continuing.

Blessings!

Thank you Air :). Ever since I removed that friend last weekend, I feel so much better about things. And, plus, my sweetie just called me for a blip asking if I was able to put any phone time down for him and told him that he had some on his other account to get a phone card to call me! :) So I'm ready for it to be tomorrow afternoon :biggrin.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back