Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "My God My God Why Have You Forsaken Me"?__The Lord Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JAG ..

Here is my interpretation of , , ,
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"__The Lord Jesus

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have Eternal Life."

The Lord Jesus was made a sin offering.
He bore the penalty of the "perish" of John 3:16

During the time the Lord Jesus hung on the Cross His Father temporarily forsook
His Son while His Son was bearing the penalty of sin for the world.

Here is the verse.

Note the caps.

"GOD MADE him who had no sin TO BE SIN for us, so that in him we might
become the righteousness of God"___2 Corinthians 5:21

The point?

God made Jesus who had no sin , , TO BE SIN for us.

So?

So while the Lord Jesus was "MADE , , TO BE SIN "
the Father temporarily "turned His back" so to speak, on His Son the Lord Jesus.

Something mysterious happened there on the Cross my friend, that forever
changed the world.
The Lord Jesus , , , "KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS" {Revelation 19:16}

Isaiah 53 , , ,
"Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by
God, stricken by him, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment
that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord
has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to
the slaughter."___ Isaiah chapter 53

Compare Isaiah 53 up there with 2 Corinthians 5:21 down below

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might
become the righteousness of God"___2 Corinthians 5:21

By the way, Isaiah 53 was written hundreds of years BEFORE the Lord Jesus was born.

Thank you Dear God for loving the world and for sending your Son, the Lord Jesus,
to die for the sins of the world.

PS
Start quote
"There is another possible reason for Jesus to cry out,
“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” It
could be that Jesus’ intent in quoting Psalm 22:1 was
to point His hearers to that psalm. When they read
Psalm 22, they would no doubt see the many fulfilled
prophecies included in that song of David. Even while
experiencing the agony of the cross, Jesus was
teaching the crowds and proving yet again that
He was the Messiah who fulfilled the Scriptures."
End quote

Best.

JAG

``

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

God never left Jesus as he and the Father are one, John 10:30. In John 16:32 Jesus told his disciples they would leave him alone, but Jesus told them he is not alone for my Father is with me. 2 Corinthians 5:19 God was in Jesus reconciling the world to himself.

God never forsook Jesus while he hung on the cross as according to Hebrews 10:7-10 (read the whole Chapter) it was by the offering of the body of Jesus that once and for all we are sanctified through his offering for sin. Jesus was not made sin for us, but made a final offering for us to reconcile ourselves back to the Father as it was ordained by God in the beginning as his word became flesh to walk among us, John 1:1-5 until Jesus whom now sits at the right hand of God, Matthew 22:44.

Hebrews 13:5 says God will never leave us nor forsake us. God never forsook any of His prophets in the OT so why would He forsake Jesus while he hung on the cross. Psalms 22:1, 24 is prophetic fulfillment of Jesus making a proclamation to those Jews gathered at Golgotha that as David cried out to God in his hour of despair that God never left David and was right there with him and for all who calls on his name will never be alone as the Father will never leave His own.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back