Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My latest understanding of who is going to heaven

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi SENIOR
Please read the verse you cited carefully.
Lydia's heart was opened by the preaching of the gospel.
Again as in my previous post, we are "called" by the gospel.
The gospel is to be preached unto all the world.
Oh, I get it finally ...
everyone who hears the word believes! Yeah!

We are chosen and become the elect of God by the faith of Christ in which our belief comes from as we being the whosoever that believe in Him as our Savior. Just as Christ never spoke anything or did anything other then what God gave Him to speak and the power and authority to do the works of God, John 12:44-50, so is the same with those who believe in Him as being the Son of God who is the word and light of God come to earth in the form of man to seek and save the lost, Luke 19:10. Faith in Christ by His faith in the Father.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Oh, I get it finally ...
everyone who hears the word believes! Yeah!

Hi Senior
I don't think you "got it". Rom.10:16 ''BUT THEY HAVE NOT ALL OBEYED THE GOSPEL---" The gospel is something to believed (Mk.16:15,16 and something which can and must be obeyed, IIThess.1:8). Have you obeyed the gospel?? If so, how did you do it?
How about my suggestion that we study some things together on the one-on-one?
God bless

We are chosen and become the elect of God by the faith of Christ ...
Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ
Galatians 2:16 that we might be justified by the faith of Christ
I'm surprised that you have not been corrected on this.
Please, investigate & realize that only the KJV has "of Christ".
Basically, everyone else has "in Christ".
Which is totally opposite!
The context of the NT insists on "in Christ".

If you keep asking me questions EZ, we'll never get anywhere.
Just say what you want to say like I'm doing.

Maybe in my old age I just don't understand very well anymore.
If this is the case, I'm sorry about it. I do like talking to you.

I truly am sorry, but it looks like we'll never get anywhere. You seem to have a lot of opinions, comments and questions about the doctrines of men, but if that is the understanding that you seek, then I am of no use for it. Maybe you can go and find one of your Old Testament scholars to help you understand.

Should a calve of the stall wander about the pasture before the field has been set to ash?

I'm surprised that you have not been corrected on this.
Please, investigate & realize that only the KJV has "of Christ".
Basically, everyone else has "in Christ".
Which is totally opposite!
The context of the NT insists on "in Christ".

Just because the newer translation omit "of Christ" does not make it of non-effect. The faith of Christ is that He was faithful to God and His commands as Jesus never spoke anything or did anything that the Father didn't give Him to speak or do, John 12:44-50. Those who are in Christ follow that same faith of Christ as even we can not speak or do that which God gives us to speak and do by His Spirit.

Just because the newer translations omit "of Christ" does not make it of non-effect.
No, it is a mis-translation ...
choosing the preposition "of" instead of "in".
Greek words must be translated depending on the context.

Try on Matthew 24:25 KJV, which means the opposite today
than it did back 500 years ago!
KJV "before" as in "previously"
NKJV "beforehand" as in "ahead of time"

I would suggest that there is no such thing as a BAC who won't be saved, since it'd defeat the purpose of the ideal for God to damn someone who is born again.

Please explain why you think born again Christian's are somehow immune from eternal damnation?

The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. Matthew 13:38

And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Matthew 8:11-12

JLB

No, it is a mis-translation ...
choosing the preposition "of" instead of "in".
Greek words must be translated depending on the context.

Try on Matthew 24:25 KJV, which means the opposite today
than it did back 500 years ago!
KJV "before" as in "previously"
NKJV "beforehand" as in "ahead of time"

Matthew 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

When did the word of God change as scripture says, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever, Hebrews 13:8.

There is nothing opposite from what God has already spoken and given to Christ to speak to us over 2000 years ago. Before and beforehand are the same thing as both mean something that has already been said or done in advance.

KJV has both faith of Christ and faith in Christ as I have already given.

It is SO easy for man to be deceived.
Especially when it's done by the greatest liar and deceiver
in the history of the world.
And it is SO difficult to set free those who have been deceived.
It's up to the precious Holy Spirit to do it.
But, it really helps if a person is OPEN to the Truth.

Please explain why you think born again Christian's are somehow immune from eternal damnation?

Sure. I don't think God will damn someone who is at least attempting to practice the teachings of his son (i.e. BAC's).

However, I do think there will be plenty of people claiming to be BAC's who will probably be damned.

Hi Senior
I'd appreciate it if you would give some attention to post 143.
Thanks

Sure. I don't think God will damn someone who is at least attempting to practice the teachings of his son (i.e. BAC's).
However, I do think there will be plenty of people claiming to be BAC's who will probably be damned.
IMO ... one can receive the Holy Spirit and become a BAC,
but the Holy Spirit can be so grieved by the BAC's life style
(e.g. habitual sinning) that He will eventually leave.

If sincere repentance is not forthcoming, such a BAC
will not be welcomed into heaven when he/she dies!
All of this is predicated on the fact that salvation is a process!
For example ...
There are many NT verses which say that one's faith must
ENDURE until the end of one's life for him/her to be saved.

Truth by what you believe or by what has already been written!!!

For example ...
There are many NT verses which say that one's faith must
ENDURE until the end of one's life for him/her to be saved.

Hi S,
I might be a little confused about the theme of this topic. It sounds like there's some stuff relating to once-saved-always-saved, predestination, and also what it means to believe Jesus.

I think a person's salvation does require day-to-day faithfulness, so it seems like we agree on that. As for predestination, I already commented on that part in my previous post. I'm not sure what you think of my position on that issue. And as for belief, I think my position on that relates closely to my position on the predestination issue in that we will show our belief (or our chosen-ness) through our behavior.

I think a person's salvation does require day-to-day faithfulness, so it seems like we agree on that.
As for predestination, I already commented on that part in my previous post.
I'm not sure what you think of my position on that issue.
And as for belief, I think my position on that relates closely to my position on the predestination issue in that we will show our belief (or our chosen-ness) through our behavior.
Please indicate which previous post to which you refer.

As for predestination, I already commented on that part in my previous post (140).
I'm not sure what you think of my position on that issue. And as for belief, I think my position on that relates closely to my position on the predestination issue in that we will show our belief (or our chosen-ness) through our behavior.
JD: God chooses those who choose him.

You may be correct ...
but what do you think of Jesus' statement:
"You didn't choose Me, I chose you."

I'm just finishing up a related thread whose title might be:
"Some people are chosen and called to become holy".

Last edited:
Back