Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Life Story (abridged)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
W

WMD

I just joined this forum yesterday, and even though I have already posted in a few threads, I thought I would post my "story" for people to better understand who I am. Knowing more about me might encourage discussion and debate on a more personal level.

So.....

I was raised in a Christian family. A lot of people confuse that for Catholic family, but those are two different things. My family is born again christian and attend non-denominational churches.

My dad was in the Navy and we moved around quite a bit, but I was always placed in private schools. Again, people think I am talking Catholic schools, but I am not. The last school I went to was associated with a Baptist church.

My junior year of high school we moved to New Jersey and I went to public school for the last two years of my high school career. After High school, I really had no direction. I stopped going to church, and started hanging out with the wrong groups of people. I was still a religious person and often got into religous debates with my friends, but I was still heading in the wrong direction.

Fast Foward quite a few years....

I have now been married for almost 5 years and have a 2 yr old son. I cleaned my life up quite a bit and, despite regrets, feel that I am very lucky right now.

I have been focusing a lot more on religion lately. I am actually studying religion as a whole because I want to compare other religions to Christianity.

I discovered this forum about a week ago and see that there is quite a lot of good discussion and debate going on. The reason I joined is to be part of a community online that I can talk with and learn from. I like to express my opinions about the Bible and Christianity, but I welcome debate.

So I hope to contribute a lot to this forum, but I also hope to get a lot from it as well.

Hello and welcome. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Welcome to the forums; it's great to have you here!

I'm sure you will find plenty to comment on. It seems to never be lacking for conversation around here, not that that's a bad thing exactly. Feel free to join in!

I hope you enjoy it here! God bless!

In Christ,

CLY

Hello WDM

Welcome to the boards! I believe you will bring many good things to this board and I will look forward to reading more of your posts.

Lately, I've been studying Church History. It is helping me to understand how christianity has become a religion of many denominations you might say.

In Christ,
Jeff

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back