Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Stand Up Comedy

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

lava89

I mentioned in my introduction thread that I'm an aspiring comedian. So here it is.

I have been performing amateur comedy since 2008. Any feedback on this video would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy!

[video=youtube;kHKbjBU72vE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHKbjBU72vE[/video]

Overall, I'd rate you 9/10.

The good points:

1) You have the looks of a comedian and are charismatic enough
2) Your voice is also suited well for the job
3) The jokes are excellent puns and play on words that people can understand very well. I was laughing all along. I sense that you actually make up a lot of your stuff, and if you do, you're very good at it.

Only one bad point and it's minor:

I don't know if it was intended or not, but you did clutch onto the microphone and the stand a lot thus looking tense. A more relaxed looking comedic posture and hand gestures would make everything perfect.

Speaking of making stuff up, your first joke was similar to something I made up years ago and feel free to use a similar version (I'd be honored):

Patient: Doctor! Doctor! I get very winded every time I use the stairs.
Doctor: Have you tried using the elevator to go up?
Patient: Oh! I already use the elevator to go up!
:toofunny

:clap Good stuff! search some of these post and you may find some things you can use in your next act?:lol

Thank you Mitspa and Hammer!

Overall, I'd rate you 9/10.

The good points:

1) You have the looks of a comedian and are charismatic enough
2) Your voice is also suited well for the job
3) The jokes are excellent puns and play on words that people can understand very well. I was laughing all along. I sense that you actually make up a lot of your stuff, and if you do, you're very good at it.

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate your feedback on this and I am honored by your rating. That's also great about me fitting the comedian style, which always helps!

And yes, I write all of my stuff (thanks for complimenting it!)...its alot of fun!

Only one bad point and it's minor:

Thanks! I will definitely keep this in mind. In general I could use looser body language. Constructive criticism always helps.

And thanks for the offer about the joke! That's a good one. I will let you know if I decide to use it. And if you're up for more joke writing, feel free to dabble into stand up comedy yourself, or try to send your stuff to various talk shows (like the Tonight Show) if you don't like public speaking.

Many thanks again guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back