Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My theology

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Twonky

Hello Folks

Well...I'm a Christian
But I don't think Christianity is a Religion.

I don't want to Promote my thought because it would be against the rules and would be deleted...just sayyain.

What is Religion
Religion is folllowing some rules tradtition attending to a Church Listen to a Someone and believe what he says.

I think that's wrong.
I don't follow the rules....or i don't follow them because they're rules.....I just want to...and when i don't follow them /When I Sin....god still loves me and has forgiven me 2000 years ago.
I don't have any Christian Tradition....I just do what i Want when I want...praying when i want listen to a preacher when j want...
I din't attend any Church atm.....When there's a Healing Worship or another really cool thing...I go there because I like to see god in Action....
I don't have a pastor or something like that....I Read the bible by my own and try thinking by myself and listen to this and that preacher through the internet...and I question them.....No one said they would be right....why should I think that.

All in All I am very different to the mainstream christianity these just where the thing I remember first.

Any thought?
Want to talk/discuss?
Do you know a forum with the same view like mine?

Hello Twonky - I hear you ....

Any thought?
Want to talk/discuss?
Do you know a forum with the same view like mine?

There is a difference between Churchanity and Christianity. Unfortunately we live within a flawed humanity and as Richard Hooker pointed out even the authority of the Church is a flawed authority. But, Hey, that's life.

And, guess what, even this forum is flawed.

So you are not alone in your thinking but you may well be 'alone' spirituality.

It is not until you learn to communicate that you will learn to become fully human. So the 'cave' like exile is not appropriate. What you have to do is learn to live with the rest of us 'flawed' creatures.

So you are not alone in your thinking but you may well be 'alone' spirituality.
I know that i'm not alone...I already met houndred of ppl thinking like me...but No form...all I can find are forums like this.

It is not until you learn to communicate that you will learn to become fully human. So the 'cave' like exile is not appropriate. What you have to do is learn to live with the rest of us 'flawed' creatures.
I don't need to learn how to live with flawed Creatures like you...I live in germany...nearly everyone is atheist.
And Why Am I just a fully human when I learned that?

And, that's why you've adopted religion-free Christianity. Atheism is the culture you live in, so you live like an Atheist, even if you consider yourself to be Christian.

Isn't beeing a Christian about having a relationship with jesus and Praying to god and stuff.

@Wayseer there are no Flawed christians around me...so There's no point in learing how to life with them

Isn't beeing a Christian about having a relationship with jesus and Praying to god and stuff.

Is there a verse about having a relationship with Jesus? What does a relationship with Jesus mean? "Praying and stuff"?

Christianity is accepting Jesus, whom the Jews crucified but was raised to life on the third day, as Lord and Savior. Repent and be Baptized. Devote yourself to the teachings of the Apostles, devote yourself to fellowship with other Christians, and devote yourself to prayer. In other words, follow the Christian religion.

Acts 2:
36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.†37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?†38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.†40 And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on exhorting them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation!†41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls. 42 They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

Twonky, I have just a few questions for you. Do you believe scripture is God Breathed? How do you use it or apply it to your life?

Do you see any model for your walk in scripture? How do you feel Paul felt about tradition? What about Peter? Did Jesus teach us to go it alone? You say you do what you want when you want. I don't know what that means, but do you have any support for that in scripture?

One last question. Why do you think so much time is spent talking about churches, their organization and their leaders, and why do you think it warns us against ceasing to congregate together? (I cheated and combined multiple questions.)

I guess all these will be mute if you don't place value in scripture.

Be blessed.

Greetings Twonky!

I wanted to reply with a quick thought. It's not polished but just from the top of my head; hope that's okay.

James wrote that if we don't control our tongue, our religion is useless.
"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world." - [James 1:26-27 KJV]

Vain or empty religion makes no effort to "bridle the tongue". Now, if I'm here alone and not talking to anybody, what do I care if I don't say things well, or if I don't speak the truth in kindness -- I already love myself and forgive myself for flaws because, to me, I'm worth it.

But when I start to speak to you is where my "religion" counts. What if I said something that shows that I think more highly of myself than you? Is God not your Father as well as mine? He is! We know that from out of the mouth proceeds that which fills the heart.
"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. ...

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man." - [Matthew 15:11, 18 KJV]

I do agree with you that the starting point for all Christians is what happens between them and God. But to my thinking (and also from what I read in the Bible) "religion" plays a part when we deal with others. To me, "religion" is more than a set of rules or obeying a man, instead it is a way (a path) that governs thoughts, words and deeds. I was changed when I understood that God loved me and I learned to love Him back. Yet, this in itself does nothing to fulfill the 2nd greatest commandment, "Love others as you love yourself."

I very much like the Book of James and would welcome your thoughts on the subject.

Cordially,
~Sparrow

I Wish my English would be better.

Is there a verse about having a relationship with Jesus? What does a relationship with Jesus mean? "Praying and stuff"?
I don`t know a Verse....Or I don`t find one right now...sorry
Well....yes "Praying and stuff".....Praying is something like the importnants thing I think....the Stuff is beeing in Christ and tryin to follow him.

Christianity is accepting Jesus, whom the Jews crucified but was raised to life on the third day, as Lord and Savior. Repent and be Baptized. Devote yourself to the teachings of the Apostles, devote yourself to fellowship with other Christians, and devote yourself to prayer. In other words, follow the Christian religion.
.....No.....I´ll do everything you said except fellowship with other Christians following the Christian religion...and why should I repent my sins when Jesus already forgave me...they`re there sure...but when you`re in Christ They`re all forgivven and the next time you can/should try not to Sin.

38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Well I have the Holy spirit...so I think I did that no matter what I say huh?
42 They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Did I say that I don`t?

Twonky, I have just a few questions for you. Do you believe scripture is God Breathed? How do you use it or apply it to your life?
Well....Yes Scripture is God breathed....but there are so many different Traslations and every Translation can be different to anothere...and in some Translations are mistakes.
Well how should I apply it? I read It and try to learn about god and try doing what he wants.

Do you see any model for your walk in scripture? How do you feel Paul felt about tradition? What about Peter? Did Jesus teach us to go it alone? You say you do what you want when you want. I don't know what that means, but do you have any support for that in scripture?
1. Well....God loves me right?...And Jesus died for my Sins so they´re forgivven right?..and I just need to accept Jesus in my life
2. I don`t know how Paul felt about tradition nor Peter
3. Well...No he didn`t...but What else should I do when there`s no one around me?....Sometimes when there is A "big" Prayer in Germany and houndreds of German and ppl around us came there I go too...but that`s not that often...once or twice a Year
4.Yes I said that that should mean that when a Pope or a Pastor tells me that something is wrong I`ll do it when he don`t have some reason...and when I want to preach the word of god I search for someone and tell him my way of thinking....and when I want to open a thread about my theolgy I do it No matter what happens.

One last question. Why do you think so much time is spent talking about churches, their organization and their leaders, and why do you think it warns us against ceasing to congregate together?
Well my bible Translation doesn`t say Church...it says Community...and I think Christians should be a community not a Church
(I cheated and combined multiple questions.)
(Watch out we have a Genius over here :biggrin )

Greetings Twonky!
I wanted to reply with a quick thought. It's not polished but just from the top of my head; hope that's okay.
I guess it`s Ok

James wrote that if we don't control our tongue, our religion is useless.
A small question...where is the book of James?..searched for it didn`t found it...asking google just sayyain it`s in your translation.

Vain or empty religion makes no effort to "bridle the tongue". Now, if I'm here alone and not talking to anybody, what do I care if I don't say things well, or if I don't speak the truth in kindness -- I already love myself and forgive myself for flaws because, to me, I'm worth it.
Everyone is worth forgivnes and yes....what do you care if you don`t say things well....but I think I should be more careful in saying things nicely in this thread...or I get a ++++storm.

But when I start to speak to you is where my "religion" counts. What if I said something that shows that I think more highly of myself than you? Is God not your Father as well as mine? He is! We know that from out of the mouth proceeds that which fills the heart.
.....Yes we are (hopefully)all in Christ so we`re standing on the same level..and even when someone isn´t in Christ...god loves him so should we

I do agree with you that the starting point for all Christians is what happens between them and God. But to my thinking (and also from what I read in the Bible) "religion" plays a part when we deal with others. To me, "religion" is more than a set of rules or obeying a man, instead it is a way (a path) that governs thoughts, words and deeds. I was changed when I understood that God loved me and I learned to love Him back. Yet, this in itself does nothing to fulfill the 2nd greatest commandment, "Love others as you love yourself."
Well in my Opinion when you were changed in Jesus you should be able do fulfill this Commandment because you want to.
I very much like the Book of James and would welcome your thoughts on the subject.
Cordially,
~Sparrow
Where is this book?...feeling kinda dumb right now....meh

Twonky,

I understand you're not living in a hotbed of believers, but I have no doubt you could find them if you made the effort. I don't mean this to be received rudely. It's just an observation that this is a convenient built-in excuse for not joining an active community. It seems you're either listening to, or even fostering, the notion that various translations necessarily present errors in the Word. The wording may change, but the Truths don't. I don't believe it's intellectually honest to say there are errors based on this. If you're a new believer or you haven't spent time in the Word (not knowing where the book of James is), that's fine, but it further devalues your statement about the trustworthiness of it. James is the 8th book from the end, between Hebrews and 1 Peter.

If a pastor tells you to do something that goes against the Word or what the Holy Spirit is impressing on you, NO, you don't do it. Following a pastor blindly isn't what a member of Christian community does. It's what a cult member does. Look at what the early Church did and how they lived, and you could find parallels if your society is as hostile to Christianity as you say it is. They found ways to meet together, even though the threat of persecution was great.

It would be a fantastic idea to learn more about something before you reject it and take a defiant attitude toward it. Having a flippant attitude toward sinful things we do doesn't bring us closer to the Lord. It pulls us away from him.

Romans 6:1-4
"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

A small question...where is the book of James?..searched for it didn`t found it...asking google just sayyain it`s in your translation.
Hi Twonky,

The book of James is toward the end of the New Testament, right after Hebrews and before the epistles called 1st and 2nd Peter.
I just start at Revelation and thumb backwards -- If I get to Hebrews, then I've gone too far.

READING the Book of James ONLINE:
- OR - if you're looking online for a good place, I like BlueLetterBible.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm
CLICK HERE TO OPEN SITE --->Blue Letter Bible

After you open the site in your browser you can type the scripture you want or the book name to read it online.

BlueLetterBible-1.jpg

By the way, I read you answer to Mike's question when he asked if you understood that all scripture is God breathed.
He asked "how do you apply [the Word of God] to your life?" and you answered,
"Well how should I apply it? I read It and try to learn about god and try doing what he wants."

That is exactly the truth. You know the parable of the Good soil, right?
Jesus explained how we need to ACT on the Word (called "seed" in the parable) in order to be the good soil and get the benefit (fruit of the soil).
Some and was eaten by birds before it could be acted on.
Some seed landed on rocks and did grow a little but withered (died under trial) right away.
Some was choked by all the thorns (cares for things created more than their love for God)

But some seed fell on the good soil, was acted on in love and trust and prospered.
from Luke, chapter 8:
A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold.

Then when he had spoken the parable Jesus emphasized his point, crying out...
And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be? And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience..

Jesus went on to teach that no man lights a candle only to put it under a basket or to place it under his bed.
Then he was told that his mother and brothers came, but Jesus continued to teach and drive his point home:
"Then came to him [his] mother and his brethren, and could not come at him for the press. And it was told him [by certain] which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee. And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it."

- [Luke 8:19-21 KJV]

That's why I liked your answer to Mike's question about applying the Word of God.
"I read It and try to learn about god and try doing what he wants."

Seems to me that you got that part right. Act on the truth that God teaches you in His word and continue to trust Him in all things as you walk with him.
I know of no better advice for anybody. You said the best truth I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back