Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mynistry bracelets

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok so I make jewlery and I wanted to make something for me and a friend. Well I made this thing I like to call a "mynistry bracelet". You can make one too. You don't have to be an expert at making jewlery (but you can be). It can be as simple as srringing some beads on a string or as complex as buying findings and head pins, eye pins, beads, seed beeds, the whole deal. What you need is three beads and string or chain and whatever else you want to decorate it. The three beads should each represent one thing each. Those things are sin, God, forgiveness. The reason for this is that I looked at my bracelet and I almost cried because the sin bead next to the God bead, then the forgiveness bead just...it was like a math problem Sin+God=Forgiveness and it was beautiful. So I wanted to share the idea. You put the beads in the order of sin, God, forgiveness. And whatever represents any of these things best for you, use that. I'll post a picture of my bracelet sometime. But yeah, fun project, it brings glory to God, and if people ask about it what a great way to spread the Word! Also you can make these for friends too if you guys are on the same page about what the beads mean. So just an idea I wanted to share. :)

Interesting idea. It's amazing how lessons can be learned from all sorts of things, if only people are open to it.

I guess you could make earrings, etc., too.

Blessings.

This reminds me of some bracelets that we made at a VBS way back in the 70's.

They were called, "Gospel on a String" bracelets.

As with your bracelets, these can be as simple as bright colored plastic beads on a string, or can be much more elaborate.

Anyway you'll need 5 different colors:

Yellow/Gold first, which represents that God created us good and we were in union with Him.

Black second, representing sin that entered in, separating us from God.

Red third, representing the shed blood of Jesus to forgive us our sin.

White fourth, to represent that when we turn to Jesus and ask forgiveness our sins are washed away and we are considered "white as snow".

Green fifth, representing the new life in Christ and growing in grace.

I don't know if people still make these bracelets... they were really popular in youth groups back when I was in high school.

My daughter made a cross shaped bead necklace at church camp... I bet it would be pretty easy to incorporate the symbolic colors in a necklace as well. :yes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back