Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There you go guys this guy is a missionary in India I saw this months ago but forgot it til now. I think he is fairly mystic.

YouTube - Bede Griffiths

Did you notice the idol of Shiva behind him? I looked him up on Wikipedia, and it says he's a part of the Christian Ashram Movement. I looked that movement up on Wikipedia also, and it said that it is "a movement within Christianity in India that embraces Vedanta and the teachings of the East, attempting to combine the Christian faith with the Hindu ashram model and Christian monasticism with the Hindu sannyasa tradition." Looking up some of the other words there, I found out that this guy wants to combine Christianity with the Hindu scriptures and Hindu monasticism.

Of cause their is a danger of mysticism, occultism and cult rituals trying to infiltrate and counterfeiting the simple pure doctrine of the gospel.
This is and has been so throughout the centuries.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:12
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." 1 John 4:1-3
I wonder how some don't want to realize that and reject this.
There has always been a spirituell battle between God and the prince of this world not wanting us to recognize that to keep us in alleged comfortable and save state.Far from truth.

Make no mistake this is real more real than things you can touch.
You want me to name some? No problem!
Lets start with some common maybe all so used things.
-hidden subliminal messages on tv, movies and music.
-esoteric false doctrines and channeling
-false idols and modern cult objects
-false religions and mingeling it with the gospel of Jesus Christ the true God
-man made traditions and pantheism

But there is one mystic teaching that surpasses all others.
The subverting and destroying influence of the satanic zohar/kabbalah and babylonian talmud.

Why does it surpass? Because many judeo-christians made a contract with the synagogue of satan and advocated their traditions despite the fact that they not surrender to the true God that is Christ.You may ask me; how dare you? I would invite you to check this unbiasedly on your way to seek God.

Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.Matthew 7:14

Did you notice the idol of Shiva behind him? I looked him up on Wikipedia, and it says he's a part of the Christian Ashram Movement. I looked that movement up on Wikipedia also, and it said that it is "a movement within Christianity in India that embraces Vedanta and the teachings of the East, attempting to combine the Christian faith with the Hindu ashram model and Christian monasticism with the Hindu sannyasa tradition." Looking up some of the other words there, I found out that this guy wants to combine Christianity with the Hindu scriptures and Hindu monasticism.

Sounds like what happened in Rome, christianity + paganism = catholic...

Sorry, but this guy has compromised his beliefs, adding a bit of paganism here and a bit there. He has polluted the message of Jesus Christ, and made it of none effect. Why did he mention the concept of 'mother', and why does he have an image of a pagan god there on display for all to see?

No, this man is not someone we need to listen to. He, in fact, needs Jesus.

I was wondering what he is talking about, when he mentions "Mother" .... Definitely is pagan. So many people will listen to people like this, who appear to be kind, loving, intelligent, warm, friendly, but yet do not know the True God, Jesus Christ.

Just because somebody mentions the name of Jesus does not mean they are a Christian.

Matthew 7:22-24 (King James Version)

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock.

I wonder if this might be related:

Osho (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho_(Bhagwan_Shree_Rajneesh)

I'm not sure, but I would doubt that he is a Catholic. The idea of a heavenly mother is pagan ....

He is Roman Catholic, according to Wikipedia:

Bede Griffiths (17 December 1906 – 13 May 1993), born Alan Richard Griffiths and also known as Swami Dayananda (Bliss of Compassion), was a British-born Benedictine monk who lived in ashrams in South India. He was born at Walton-on-Thames, England and studied literature at Magdalen College, Oxford under professor and Christian apologist C. S. Lewis, who became a lifelong friend. Griffiths recounts the story of his conversion in 1931 to Roman Catholicism while a student at Oxford in his autobiography The Golden String.​
(Emphasis mine)

Look at this jewish source and you know who really rules the vatican behind a masquerade.
The whole text and the capitalized underlined terms shows to whom we all are guilty to for a lifetime.This artificial guilt is used as a weapon to protect the ruling class behind them all.While other countless victims are forgotten long time ago they will never stop blaming whole mankind for their alleged exclusive suffering throughout history.
This is a replacement of the gospel and an the replacement of the cosmic crime what is described in [FONT=&quot]Luke 20:9-19[/FONT].
No wonder since rabbi akiba in 133 CE invented rabbinical judaism they elevated the opinions of the rabbis above Jesus/God himself that the word of the rabbis the talmud is the word of God.In judaism there is no Old Testament that counts there is only the thora.But in the eyes of the rabbis the thora are not the 5 books of Mose, no the thora are the whole scriptures of judaism.Their instance of authority is the filthy anti-Christian talmud.
Pope John Paul II (a jew) was a believer in the jewish kabbalah and so are the 71 members of the new established sanhedrin in 2005
who condemned Jesus to death.They are also those who put a death penalty on those who worship Jesus Christ.Those laws are of cause not in effect yet but they are already signed from george bush in march 26,1991 as public law 102-14, 102nd Congress named the noahide laws.

Mark 13:9: But take heed to yourselves, for they shall deliver you up to the Sanhedrin (the Council),
and in the synagogues you will be beaten, and you shall be brought before rulers and kings for My Name’s sake,
for a witness to themâ€.

The term mysticism is currently equated with the occult. When taken in that sense, it is definitely not for the Christian. But the term actually refers to the supernatural in general. And in the Tradition of Christianity, it refers to an attempt to be one with God, so far as it is possible in this life. Luther did not reject mysticism. But Calvin did. And most of Protestantism follows Calvin in this matter. What is incongruous is when a Protestant encourages one to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. That is mysticism in the Christian sense. The Bible uses the term, so it is not that it is not Biblical. But what is used in the Bible more often is Spirituality. Because our relationship with the Divine is through the Spirit of God. And even the Catholics are beginning to use this term instead of mysticism. So to be sure that one is not misunderstood, it is best to use Spirituality to refer to our relationship to the supernatural as persons who are in Christ .

JamesG

Of cause their is a danger of mysticism, occultism and cult rituals trying to infiltrate and counterfeiting the simple pure doctrine of the gospel.
This is and has been so throughout the centuries.

I wonder how some don't want to realize that and reject this.
There has always been a spirituell battle between God and the prince of this world not wanting us to recognize that to keep us in alleged comfortable and save state.Far from truth.

Make no mistake this is real more real than things you can touch.
You want me to name some? No problem!
Lets start with some common maybe all so used things.
-hidden subliminal messages on tv, movies and music.
-esoteric false doctrines and channeling
-false idols and modern cult objects
-false religions and mingeling it with the gospel of Jesus Christ the true God
-man made traditions and pantheism

But there is one mystic teaching that surpasses all others.
The subverting and destroying influence of the satanic zohar/kabbalah and babylonian talmud.

Why does it surpass? Because many judeo-christians made a contract with the synagogue of satan and advocated their traditions despite the fact that they not surrender to the true God that is Christ.You may ask me; how dare you? I would invite you to check this unbiasedly on your way to seek God.
I hate to break it to you, but Christianity is also a man made tradition, as is every single religion on the planet. Like JamesG said, Christian mysticism is simply striving for a personal relationship with the divine. I myself have had a couple of "mystical" experiences with Christ that touched me in a deep, profound way, so who are you to tell me I'm dabbling in evil? You guys, judging and condeming people for seeking actual spiritual experience with God, rather than having blind faith, is so so wrong. I pray you open your minds a little...

The term mysticism is currently equated with the occult. When taken in that sense, it is definitely not for the Christian. But the term actually refers to the supernatural in general. And in the Tradition of Christianity, it refers to an attempt to be one with God, so far as it is possible in this life. Luther did not reject mysticism. But Calvin did. And most of Protestantism follows Calvin in this matter. What is incongruous is when a Protestant encourages one to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. That is mysticism in the Christian sense. The Bible uses the term, so it is not that it is not Biblical. But what is used in the Bible more often is Spirituality. Because our relationship with the Divine is through the Spirit of God. And even the Catholics are beginning to use this term instead of mysticism. So to be sure that one is not misunderstood, it is best to use Spirituality to refer to our relationship to the supernatural as persons who are in Christ .

JamesG
Well said.

I hate to break it to you, but Christianity is also a man made tradition, as is every single religion on the planet. Like JamesG said, Christian mysticism is simply striving for a personal relationship with the divine. I myself have had a couple of "mystical" experiences with Christ that touched me in a deep, profound way, so who are you to tell me I'm dabbling in evil? You guys, judging and condeming people for seeking actual spiritual experience with God, rather than having blind faith, is so so wrong. I pray you open your minds a little...

Christianity is not a religion but is truly a relationship with Jesus Christ, If you have had an experience with Him, why do you not put your faith in Him?

I've been trying to but he doesn't seem to be willing to develop a relationship with me at this point, but I pray to him every day and it does help a bit. May I ask how you experience Jesus, Alabaster? What form does your relationship with him take?

I've been trying to but he doesn't seem to be willing to develop a relationship with me at this point, but I pray to him every day and it does help a bit. May I ask how you experience Jesus, Alabaster? What form does your relationship with him take?

So many people fall prey to the enemy's lies. Jesus desires a relationship with you! That is why He made you! He knew you before you were even born.

I received Jesus into my life at the age of ten, and it has been a journey that has seen me falter in my youth and then return to Him in earnest as a young adult, realizing all too well that I cannot do anything on my own. I need God! I need the power He promises in life. I need His protection, and His blessing. I need His forgiveness and His love. I need these things because I also need to forgive and love and bless others. He lives His life in and through me, and that is what He wants for you, too.

Jesus is as real as anyone! I talk to Him all the time and I listen to Him when He speaks to me. He speaks through the bible when I read it, and He speaks through that inner voice I have come to recognize and love. He has even spoken to me audibly, once, and I cherish that memory. He also speaks to me through His people, and I love His people! He opens doors for us and closes others for our own sake because His love and care for us is so great.

I would love for you to make the choice to receive Jesus into your life. He will come just for the asking, forgive you of all your sins when you repent, and make you clean and right in God's sight! What a wonderful thing to have no sin held against us, and the love and protection and guidance of the God of the universe who thinks we little creatures are worth dying for.

It does not help a bit? How so? You give witness that Jesus/God does not answer you subliminal indicating that he does not exist because he does not gave you an instant carrot because you prayed. God gave you your life and made you unique between trillions of other mortals who live and have lived but passed away in the past.Who or what poisoned your heart? Humble yourself and be more thankful on the first and don't blame him again subliminal that the world turns out the way it is.You have been place on an earthly passing existence but forth-living soul.There will be another place this is only for transition.

JamesG

I don't recall seeing the word "Mysticism" in my Bible ....

When you stray away from the truth of the Bible, then you are following the wrong pathway ....

Jesus Christ said that He is the ONLY way to heaven. Do you believe what Jesus Christ said?

John 14:6 (King James Version)

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Christianity is not a religion but is truly a relationship with Jesus Christ, If you have had an experience with Him, why do you not put your faith in Him?
Not turning this into a debate but Christianity is a religion. That's all I'm going to say about it, in this thread anyway.

Back