Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

name one thing u approve of obama

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well I have heard a lot about Obama, because of his skin color, so I think that it was a legitimate remark. There really is no such thing as race, just the human race, but many think Obama can't lead because of his skin color. When you are on the other side of the fence, you can really see this stuff. I still see that kind of stuff right here in Philly, not like I use to, but I still see it. The color thing is still alive and well, in America. I am not accusing any of you, but it was a legitimate remark. As for me I don't care what color you are. Acts 17:26. But there are many that think Obama can't lead, just because of his skin color, and to deny that is to be unrealisitic. And again I am not saying that any of you are, but I stated something that is still a issue in this country. And the thing that gets me is, we are all the same, how can they hate what God has created. What they are saying is God did not know what He was doing when He made those people. But the Bible says that God sets up kings, and God removes kings. I am willing to give this man a chance, the abortion issue and the gay marriage issues are big on my agenda, as far as Obama is concerned, but Obama is a go getter, he just does not sit around on his behind, he tries to get things done, and if you like him or don't like him, he is still the president.

I haven't done anything to Lewis, I stated my opinions and for that I have no regret. Minnesota, you are a "polite" troublemaker and I hope people will see through your facade here. You try to control people by pulling race cards and "you are hatefulled" remarks.
You can deal with what I said or choose not to read it, I stand by my posts without regret.

Lewis W said:
Well I have heard a lot about Obama, because of his skin color, so I think that it was a legitimate remark. There really is no such thing as race, just the human race, but many think Obama can't lead because of his skin color. When you are on the other side of the fence, you can really see this stuff. I still see that kind of stuff right here in Philly, not like I use to, but I still see it. The color thing is still alive and well, in America. I am not accusing any of you, but it was a legitimate remark. As for me I don't care what color you are. Acts 17:26. But there are many that think Obama can't lead, just because of his skin color, and to deny that is to be unrealisitic. And again I am not saying that any of you are, but I stated something that is still a issue in this country. And the thing that gets me is, we are all the same, how can they hate what God has created. What they are saying is God did not know what He was doing when He made those people. But the Bible says that God sets up kings, and God removes kings. I am willing to give this man a chance, the abortion issue and the gay marriage issues are big on my agenda, as far as Obama is concerned, but Obama is a go getter, he just does not sit around on his behind, he tries to get things done, and if you like him or don't like him, he is still the president.
while i don't agree with u vote for obama i agree that he needs our prayer and if any us were to be elected would be any less then needful of prayer, and honestly dirt can be dug on us as well.

jason

destiny said:
I haven't done anything to Lewis, I stated my opinions and for that I have no regret. Minnesota, you are a "polite" troublemaker and I hope people will see through your facade here. You try to control people by pulling race cards and "you are hatefulled" remarks.
You can deal with what I said or choose not to read it, I stand by my posts without regret.
Thank you, sister. I appreciate you being honest with me.

Hey Lewis, thanks for the reply.

I guess it's hard not to think that your earlier comments were directed at those who were critical of Obama in this thread. Glad to see that you've cleared it up that you were speaking in a general way. I think everyone here would admit that race does indeed still play a part in politics, but I've read and re-read all the responses to this thread and cannot see one instance where race played any part of the specific criticisms expressed here.

The main thing is...this isn't even supposed to be a thread of criticisms. It's supposed to be a thread of being able to state at least one thing that one can support about our President.

Back to the topic for me:

I also approve of the more measured stand regarding Iraq that he took once he got into office. I was a bit worried during the campaigning that he would be very rash, but it looks as though he is listening to military advisers.

handy said:
Hey Lewis, thanks for the reply.

I guess it's hard not to think that your earlier comments were directed at those who were critical of Obama in this thread. Glad to see that you've cleared it up that you were speaking in a general way. I think everyone here would admit that race does indeed still play a part in politics, but I've read and re-read all the responses to this thread and cannot see one instance where race played any part of the specific criticisms expressed here.

The main thing is...this isn't even supposed to be a thread of criticisms. It's supposed to be a thread of being able to state at least one thing that one can support about our President.

Back to the topic for me:

I also approve of the more measured stand regarding Iraq that he took once he got into office. I was a bit worried during the campaigning that he would be very rash, but it looks as though he is listening to military advisers.
yes i'm glad he didn't act rashly either.

jason

Lewis W said:
Lewis, I love you and you are my brother, and I know for some race does play into this with both blacks and whites, and I don't deny racism is out there nor do I condone it.
What bothers me is how man will fight for man but seldom will we go against the flow to stand for Jesus Christ and His principles, especially if it means we will have to stand alone. People get offended over "people" moreso than over what has been done to God and His commandments. This is obvious in how people fight over their pet politicians/kings.

That's all.

Aero_Hudson said:
NooneSpecial said:
Do not feel he has done one thing I approve of or agree with. In office he has:

Contradicted his promise to get the troups out of Iraq.
Contradicted his promises in terms of lowering abortion ratings by rather instead promoting it.
Encouraged intolerance in terms of the disabled and yet promotes tolerance of homosexuality.
Mocks belief in Christ.
Put much of the same, if not, the entire Clinton cabinet of crooks in charge of the goverment's finances.

Just cannot see one good thing. Does that mean he has not done any, not necessarily.

A couple of thoughts.

- The troop withdrawal is the first thing he tackled. He came up with a withdrawal plan based on input from his military leaders. As a matter of fact, just last week the US military gave control back over the Iraqi government. Not sure what he didn't do here that he should of. You can pull out 100,000+ troops overnight and/or irresponsibly.

- Not sure how he is promoting abortion. He has been in office for only 6 months and has had bombshell issue after issue to deal with from an escalated Afghanistan war to the economy. The only thing he did here, as has every Democratic President since it was enacted, was remove the Mexico City ban.

- He had a verbal slip on a late night talk show. When was the last time you had a verbal slip. It happens to me weekly and I do not have cameras on me 24/7. Give the guy a break for a minor slip.

- He is a believer himself. How has he mocked belief in God? Give me some examples on this one.

As has been shown via video clip by another member, he has clear disregard for the bible. Twisting the written word ....and calling one's self a Christian, smells fishy to me. In regards of abortion, he has been allowing if not condoning abortion not only here but in other countries. In addition, doctors now no longer have the option to avoid the matter of abortion. Whether they agree with it or not, there are movements going through to disable them from being able to not perform them on account of their own beliefs.

Break for insulting a fair number of American citizens? Much of the disabled cannot speak for themselves as is, hearing Obama's words I would not want to be disabled and have him speaking for me if that is the mindset he has.

What I think the problem is with Obama, is that he does believe in Jesus Christ, but he is not full of the Holy Ghost, because if he was, you would know it. This does not mean that he is not saved. Because one full of the Holy Ghost, would make Holy Ghost decisions, don't get me wrong I love him as a president, but he is not your everyday stomp down Holy Ghost driven Christian. But who knows what God is going to do with Obama, but he will go down in history as one of the great ones. and it seems like other world leaders love the guy.

minnesota said:
Who said you were racist? Not I.

How about others who criticize Obama, minnesota? Did you ever imply that others who express disapproval of Obama for what he is doing are racists?

Here, let me help your memory: "However, some of those expressing extreme disapproval are motivated by racism -- if not here, then elsewhere."

I'm beginning to think more and more that the comments of an earlier poster are correct: you are a polite troublemaker. :verysad :shame

Then you call for the thread to be locked when you are exposed.... :bigfrown

I've never seen the Spirit of God do something like this.

~Pascal

Pascal's Wager said:
How about others who criticize Obama, minnesota? Did you ever imply that others who express disapproval Obama for what he is doing are rascists?
Yes, I clearly stated there are some who disapprove of Obama because of race. It seems you are confusing some with all.

Pascal's Wager said:
Then you call for the thread to be locked when you are exposed.
Let's seem what some of those who disapprove of Obama have to say. (Source: Video)

Racist #1: I'm afraid if he wins, the blacks will take over.
Racist #2: When you've got a nigger running for President, you need a first stringer. He's definitely a second stringer.
Racist #3: Obama and his wife, I'm concerned that they could be anti-white. That he might hide that.
Racist #4: I don't like the fact that he thinks us white people are trash. Because we're not.

Exposed? No. What I have stated is fact. So, my question to you, how long will you continue to bare false witness against me?

minnesota said:
Pascal's Wager said:
How about others who criticize Obama, minnesota? Did you ever imply that others who express disapproval Obama for what he is doing are rascists?
Yes, I clearly stated there are some who disapprove of Obama because of race. It seems you are confusing some with all.

"Others" does not equal "All".

I've never seen the Spirit of God twist other people's words, minnesota. Why do you?

My quote: "How about others who criticize Obama,..."

Your reply: "It seems you are confusing some with all.

? :bigfrown

~Pascal

minnesota said:
So, my question to you, how long will you continue to bare false witness against me?

I'll let everyone else decide if anyone is baring false witness against you.

I'm pretty sure that nobody has, yet.

Peace.

~Pascal

Obama is a liar and unfit to be President!!!! First, he lied to us on his citizenship.....im not lying on that!! Then, he mocks and ridiculed the Bible and claims to be a Christian.....he shouldn't even be in office!!!!! Impeach him!!!!

Pascal's Wager said:
"Others" does not equal "All".
Others can be a reference to "all others," however. I believe the context of the questions justifies my interpretation.

Pascal's Wager said:
I've never seen the Spirit of God twist other people's words, minnesota. Why do you?
Attack my argument, not me.

Pascal's Wager said:
You have twice. You accused me to being an Obama supporter. Not true. You accused me of twisting other people's words. Not true.

minnesota said:
Pascal's Wager said:
You have twice. You accused me to being an Obama supporter. Not true. You accused me of twisting other people's words. Not true.

Mmm, hmm.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back