Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Name something that was cool..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot(But no more)
The gun culture of the 80's and early 90's
Richard Davis(Second Chance Body Armor)
Big Hair on women in the 80's
More later.

3 Wheeler ATV

three-wheeler-1-1024x555.jpg

The magic carpet. Always good at a gala. A tractor would tow a big blanket off the back around a grass field and you had to try stay on and it was bumpy as, and driver would go around the corner and people be flying off everywhere.

Too many kids probably got grass burns and had a cry to mamma so that was banned.

Hey All,
Popping wheelies, without a helmet, on stingray bikes. (Not the smartest thing to do, but fun.)

Jiffy-pop popcorn.

Sneaking transistor radios into school so we could listen to the World Series. (Along with that listening to

PF Fliers; they made you "run faster and jump higher." (That was their advertising slogan. Boy were we stupid.)

Kool -aid ice pops

Sam Cooke, Fats Domino, Ray Charles, cool dudes

Stuffing your mouth with black licorice and pretending it was chewing tobacco. (Then sneaking some of my dad's and trying the real stuff. (I thought it was cool. But not cool when I got sick from It. Boy were we stupid.)

Al Bundy aka Reverend Al, leader of NO MA'AM.

The Three Stooges (Fun fact: One of their film shorts was actually nominated for an Oscar.)

Playing outside everyday of summer break.

First crush --Rebecca H in the 3rd grade. I have not seen her in over 55 years. But I still remember her face.(I won't get too personal)

Tang-- that's what the astronauts drank. (Let's just say its an acquired taste.)

Well I've been droning on haven't I? I have a lot of fun memories and the question drew some to the surface. I haven't thought about Becs in a long time. She still is my secret love.

Boy I thank God everyday for my life. Of course there have been a few bad days. But there have been so many more good and great days.
Anyway that's some of my cool stuff. Keep walking everybody. May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Popping wheelies, without a helmet, on stingray bikes. (Not the smartest thing to do, but fun.)

Jiffy-pop popcorn.

Sneaking transistor radios into school so we could listen to the World Series. (Along with that listening to

PF Fliers; they made you "run faster and jump higher." (That was their advertising slogan. Boy were we stupid.)

Kool -aid ice pops

Stuffing your mouth with black licorice and pretending it was chewing tobacco. (Then sneaking some of my dad's and trying the real stuff. (I thought it was cool. But not cool when I got sick from It. Boy were we stupid.)

The Three Stooges (Fun fact: One of their film shorts was actually nominated for an Oscar.)

First crush --Rebecca H in the 3rd grade. I have not seen her in over 55 years. But I still remember her face.(I won't get too personal)

Tang-- that's what the astronauts drank. (Let's just say its an acquired taste.)

Well I've been droning on haven't I? I have a lot of fun memories and the question drew some to the surface. I haven't thought about Becs in a long time. She still is my secret love.

Boy I thank God everyday for my life. Of course there have been a few bad days. But there have been so many more good and great days.
Taz
Someone is over 50

Candy cigarettes 🚬

I came in on the tail end of that one. Minty! Sweet! For whatever reason available at the corner store 🏬. Even then the package looked old school like cigarette 🚬 packs looked in black and white movies 🎥.

There was an eye salve with mercury in it that that would nip an eye disease breakout I get in my left eye with just an application or two. It's been banned for a long while. About 25 or so years ago I showed my almost empty tube to my doctor and told him I needed another tube of it (that one had lasted me about 15 years). He took it from me and threw it away. Note to self don't take remaining meds in with me during a doctor visit. My current medicine for that eye disease takes a week or two to get the upper hand on the disease.

Hey All,

Jiffy-pop popcorn.

Kool -aid ice pops

Taz
NO MA'AM,that was some funny stuff!,Tang was good too.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back