Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Need GOOD women's bible study sources for sexually assaulted women with PTSD.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

john Galt

My daughter, who is now 19, was almost raped by her best friend who was also her cousin when she was 15. I did not find out until a year later after going through trying times with her. I was so sick of her nonsense that I laid down the law if you will. That's when she confided in me what was going on. She was acting out because she could not figure out how to cope with what happened.

She refused counseling for another year and then finally agreed to go when things were not getting better and she could not get thoughts of suicide out of her head. She has been in and out of abusive relationships with guys, partying, eating disorder, and just unable to cope with things. Recently, she wrote me a letter telling me she is dating a 40-year-old. I had to calm down my anger and then asked her to come over so we could talk. During our talk, I told her all the things she is looking for in a guy will never be found. The only peace and acceptance she is looking for she will find only in GOD. A couple of days later she sent me a text telling me she broke it off with the guy. A couple of weeks later she said she bought a bible.

Knowing her, she will not commit to reading and studying because she does not have the patience or focus. She has always been this way. This leads me to my question. Does anyone know of any good women's bible studies that are more modern and not the normal preachy/Korney Christian theme that turns people off?

I am not sure how to explain it, but the normal Christian materials that are being put out for consumption are just so dry and quite frankly korney. I would like something that has more modern women using today's lingo explaining how they turned to GOD after experiencing the trials related to women and giving examples through the Bible of what they focus on and how GOD fills in the voids of their lives.

Is there anything like this out there?

Yes. Shepherds chapel on YouTube. Pastor dennis murray teaches sound doctrine. He doesn't soft peddle it.

She needs guidance and discipline.

I strongly recommend shepherds chapel.

It's your decision.
Take care.

My daughter, who is now 19, was almost raped by her best friend who was also her cousin when she was 15. I did not find out until a year later after going through trying times with her. I was so sick of her nonsense that I laid down the law if you will. That's when she confided in me what was going on. She was acting out because she could not figure out how to cope with what happened.

She refused counseling for another year and then finally agreed to go when things were not getting better and she could not get thoughts of suicide out of her head. She has been in and out of abusive relationships with guys, partying, eating disorder, and just unable to cope with things. Recently, she wrote me a letter telling me she is dating a 40-year-old. I had to calm down my anger and then asked her to come over so we could talk. During our talk, I told her all the things she is looking for in a guy will never be found. The only peace and acceptance she is looking for she will find only in GOD. A couple of days later she sent me a text telling me she broke it off with the guy. A couple of weeks later she said she bought a bible.

Knowing her, she will not commit to reading and studying because she does not have the patience or focus. She has always been this way. This leads me to my question. Does anyone know of any good women's bible studies that are more modern and not the normal preachy/Korney Christian theme that turns people off?

I am not sure how to explain it, but the normal Christian materials that are being put out for consumption are just so dry and quite frankly korney. I would like something that has more modern women using today's lingo explaining how they turned to GOD after experiencing the trials related to women and giving examples through the Bible of what they focus on and how GOD fills in the voids of their lives.

Is there anything like this out there?
I can't think of any such book or bible.
A nice and simple study bible is the new NLT which is considered a life application bible.

If she wants to watch lessons on our faith on YouTube, then I'd suggest Mike Winger. He's young and quick, answers questions, does lessons, very likeable and I've never heard him say anything weird.

I'm so sorry for what happened to her.

Back