Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Need help with relationship ( one year relationship)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

notebook

hi, everyone
it's a long story but i will try to make its short. i am going to celebrate 1 year anniversary with my girlfriend :) in couple days. But my girlfriend just told me, she just reached the point that she can not be in a relationship with me anymore. she is a good christian as well as i am. she told me she doesnt feel comfortable hiding our relationship from her parent ( her parents prohibit her to have any boyfriend, we 're 21 years old) she feels really guilty and she cant take it any longer.she scared her parent r going to find out later, therefore she been thinking negative alot lately. she asked me to ask her to break up. But i cant break up with her. i dont want to lose her at all. i love this girl. she is everything to me. knowing she still like me and verse vice, i cant say it. what should i do. what can i do to save this relationship. what can i do to help her feel less guilty. i always pray to the Lord that i wish to be together with her.Please help. Im so tired.

Notebook, that's a tough spot. Sorry to hear about that. :sad

Welcome to CFnet, thought. :)

Can you say why her parents forbid her to date at the age of 21? That really seems extreme. :confused: Are they associated with a particular denomination that forbids it? If she and her family have a home church, is the pastor more reasonable or would he agree with their stance? If she can turn to her parents' pastor, that might be a thing to do.

Is she living with them? If so, does she have any plans to move out? Sorry for all the questions, but I think they are important. If she's living under their roof, I suppose she needs to stay within their rules if she cannot convince them to accept your relationship. But if she's out of their house, I believe she can find a way to say she honors them, loves them but that she is a full adult now and she's making this adult decision for herself.

Blessings

hi, her parent forbid her because they want her to focus on her studying till she get out of college. they afraid if she has a bf, she would do something that couples usually do. yes she is living with them. she is a really good girl. she always love her parent and listen to everything they said.

I plan on not allowing either of my girls to date until they are 25 :tongue however, have you thought of approaching her parents? Have you meet them?

if they knew you where dating their daughter for almost a year now and that their greatest fears have not happened during this time so far, and that the two of you respect each other and them....might pave the way...do you think?

Hrm I dunno man, do you think she is truly breaking up cos of the parents thing, or she just wants to end it and that;s the reason?

I agree with what someone else said above, maybe you should meet them somehow.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back