Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nephilim

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Genesis 6:1-4
Was their ever such a thing?

I believe the Bible. If the Bible says there was such a thing as nephilim (giants in English), then they existed. Exactly who or what they were doesn't concern me.

The TOG​

Genesis 6:1-4
Was their ever such a thing?

If the Word of God says that such a thing did exist, then I believe that such a thing did exist.

Genesis 6
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Who am I to question God?

Who were the "sons of God?".Fallen angels? Why would demons do such a thing?Were the demons attempting to pollute the human blood line to prevent the coming of the Messiah?Apparently the were a race of giants.
They were one of the primary reason for the great flood.

here we go again....
[Edited by Staff]

I would like to see at least one person step up to the plate and debunk it using scriptures.

Here we go again, nobody will. We will just see attacks on the other person who uses scripture to back it up.

The nephilim were from the unholy union of the Sons of God( B'nai Elohim) with the daughters of men.

The B'nai Elohim is a term that refers specifically to angels. It occurs four times in the Old Testament and is rendered "Angels of God" in the ancient Septuagin translation. The intrusion of certain angels into the human family resulted in unnatural offspring termed Nephilim, which derives from the Hebrew naphal (to fall), or the Fallen Ones. (The Greek Septuagint renders this term gigantes, which actually means "earth-born." This is often misunderstood to mean "giants"--which they also happen to have been, incidentally.)

Satans first attempt with murder of the human race did not work. So He tried to corrupt true humanity through the bloodline.

Asher-Hebrew.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess some people do not believe in them.Why?Are they not taking the Bible literally?

The only scripture that I know of used to show that Nephilim weren't the product of angel/human reproduction is Matt 22:30.

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

I've read a great synopsis on this subject but can't find it atm.

My question and it always will be a question until somebody answers it is this: Why would angels need reproductive organs?

tob

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.Matt 22:30

Then we have angels that have left that Place.

And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—Jude 1:6

Why were they in gloomy darkness?

Jude 1:7~~just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these(Angels) indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Strange flesh~~2087héteros another (of a different kind). 2087/héteros ("anotherbut distinct in kind") stands in contrast to 243/állos ("another of the same kind"). 2087/héteros ("another of a different quality") emphasizes it is qualitatively different from its counterpart (comparison).

My question and it always will be a question until somebody answers it is this: Why would angels need reproductive organs?

tob

How could someone be in the company of an angel and not know it?

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. Hebrews 13:2

JLB

Who were the "sons of God?".Fallen angels? Why would demons do such a thing?Were the demons attempting to pollute the human blood line to prevent the coming of the Messiah?Apparently the were a race of giants.
They were one of the primary reason for the great flood.

The bible does not refer to the Sons of a God as demons.

They are angels.

JLB

I guess some people do not believe in them.Why?Are they not taking the Bible literally?
It is not a matter of believing the Scriptures.... it is the interpretations people put on them.... and the desire to try and prove angles had sex.
Are they not taking the Bible literally?

Joh_1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! Is this verse to be read literally?

Last edited:
I can not allow my distaste for this topic and the way the Word gets interpreted to let this get off topic... so i deleted the fun posts :neutral

Last edited:
well I will bite. if the nephilum all died out in the flood, where did the nephillum in the land of canaan come from? man or angels?

tob
It is not a matter of believing the Scriptures.... it is the interpretations people put on them.... and the desire to try and prove angels had sex.

Joh_1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! Is this verse to be read literally?
It is not the desire to Prove angels had sex with the women. It is countless posts like this that deny it and offer no scriptural basis for the denial.

Matt 22:30~~"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Marriage is a divine institution set up on this earth. Jesus is saying there is a love in heaven that is greater then anything we have experienced on earth. The Divine institution of marriage is for time only, not for eternity - AND eternity is an improvement on time!

God Gives me My right woman on this earth as a sinner. Am I expected to believe that I will no longer be with Her in Heaven as a resurrected saint? NO, It will be even better in Heaven, the perfect relationship. It just isn't called marriage anymore. That is a time only institution.

Back