Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nero and The Beast

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If the Antichrist was Nero in the first century view, who was the Beast ? What was his name ? Tell me about his mark . Why does the bible not name , names when it comes to the name of the Beast or the Antichrist ??

Maybe if we turn from looking for a person and instead look at people or groups or even entire systems, names would be inappropriate.

Then again, why are we even looking at all? ;)

nonbelieverforums said:
If the Antichrist was Nero in the first century view, who was the Beast ?

Nero was not antichrist in the 1st century view.
How many times do you need to be told that?

I know I have personally told you that 5 or 6 times myself

The Bible, and therefore preterism, teaches that antichrist was a first century spirit that affected many, and not a singular person-world ruler dude, past present or future.

What part of that do you find so confusing?

[quote ]http://www.preterist-preterism.com De Alcazar's Preterism identifies the Antichrist as Nero[/quote]

One of Preterism’s strongest promoters today is Gary DeMar. His book, Last Days Madness, published in 1999 by American Vision, declares:

No signs today point forward to Christ's return (p. 158)
Jesus “came†in 70 AD (p. 71, 123-125)
All of Matthew 24 is behind us
Nero was the “beast†(p. 258)
“The man of sin†(2 Thessalonians 2:4) has come and gone (p. 280)
Revelation's primary focus is events surrounding the destruction of Jerusalem (p. 217)
The “end†of the world refers to the end of the Jewish world in 70 AD (p. 189)

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-t ... ti-christ/ The opinion that Nero was the anti-Christ is held by some who hold to the Preterist view, which at its heart believes that all Bible prophecy has been fulfilled in history.

Nero was one of the clearest models of the anti-Christ that history provides, probably exceeded only by Antiochus Epiphanes. But the clear fact is that before he could get a statue of himself actually placed in the Temple he died and his order to do so was rendered null and void. This alone disqualifies him from being the anti-Christ.

Some Preterists claim that the Roman eagle, which was mounted on a wall at the entrance to the Temple, fulfilled the requirements of the Abomination of Desolation prophecy. But the Jews of the day didn’t think so, and neither do most scholars today.

Of all the views of the End Times, the Preterist view is perhaps the most difficult to reconcile with a literal understanding of the Bible.

Preterist Beliefs http://www.according2prophecy.org/Preterism.html

As a rule, moderate preterists tie their belief system to a postmillennial vision in which the church becomes the new “Israel†and must bring in the Kingdom on earth in order to prepare the world for the return of Christ. Most preterists believe the following:

1. Nero was the Antichrist. There will be no future individual Antichrist.

http://www.preteristarchive.com/StudyAr ... /nero.html

http://www.godormen.com/?p=22 Preterism includes many unique and strange teachings. It teaches that the Roman emperor Nero was the antichrist of the book of Revelation. Preterism teaches that Jerusalem is the “whore†or “harlot†of Revelation 17. It teaches that Jesus’ second coming took place in 70 AD when Jerusalem was destroyed by Roman armies; moreover, that these events in 70 AD constituted the “time of the end†and the “end of the age†referred to in Scripture. Preterism also teaches that the book of Revelation was written before 70 AD, which is a necessity for the preterist doctrine to be plausible.

Well maybe I need to be told a few more times when that of your same view seem to differ with you.

Ok fine then who was the beast in the first century ? Another spirit?? How did the spirit control the buying and selling of the world?

If I lived in China in the first century and sold my cattle to my neighbour how did the beast control that ?

nonbelieverforums said:
[

Well maybe I need to be told a few more times when that of your same view seem to differ with you.

Demar has some good insight, and some beliefs I don't adhere to.
Clearly you don't agree with every Futurist about everything, so I'm not sure what you are trying to prove by saying all preterists don't agree with one another on the details.....

Ok fine then who was the beast in the first century ?
Nero, personified, and Rome Corporate.

How did the spirit control the buying and selling of the world?
What World?

If I lived in China in the first century and sold my cattle to my neighbour how did the beast control that ?

Are you Saying Jews from China, Australia, Japan, Jamaica, Korea, India, Brazil, Mexico, Chili, Thailand, Mozambique and Canada were in Jerusalem on Pentecost as Recorded in the Book of Acts??

Nero couldn't be the antichrist because the Bible says that he would be loved by all, and Nero was despised by his own people, even having killed him after he squandered the riches of an empire and starved his people to death.
As for the mark, it isn't made clear exactly what it is, but it is centered around the number of the beast's name, 666. The identity of the mark and the beast will become apparent in their day, so for now, rest easy and don't bother trying to fruitlessly interpret their identity.

azlan88 said:
Nero couldn't be the antichrist because the Bible says that he would be loved by all, and Nero was despised by his own people, even having killed him after he squandered the riches of an empire and starved his people to death.
As for the mark, it isn't made clear exactly what it is, but it is centered around the number of the beast's name, 666. The identity of the mark and the beast will become apparent in their day, so for now, rest easy and don't bother trying to fruitlessly interpret their identity.

I agree..

nonbelieverforums said:
If the Antichrist was Nero in the first century view, who was the Beast ? What was his name ? Tell me about his mark . Why does the bible not name , names when it comes to the name of the Beast or the Antichrist ??
I don't know whether you are being sincere... but Christians have no fear of this abomination. We side with the Creator of heaven and earth... not a fallen created being.

First the anti-christ and the beast are one and the same. There are many names he is given...abomination of desolation...man of sin, son of perdition...the beast...anti-christ.
Second, Nero was NOT the beast, although he was an evil man...so was Hitler.
THIRD...HE IS REVEALED.
The anti-christ will have spiritual power through the false prophet and the devil.
2 Thessalonians 2:1  ¶Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3  ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Mark 13:14  ¶But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Daniel 11:31  And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
32  And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
33  And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34  Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35  And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
36  And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37  Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god:
FOR HE SHALL MAGNIFY HIMSELF ABOVE ALL.
Revelation 13:12  And he (false prophet) exerciseth all the power of the first beast (the anti-christ) before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13  And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14  And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15  And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

justvisiting said:
First the anti-christ and the beast are one and the same. There are many names he is given...abomination of desolation...man of sin, son of perdition...the beast...anti-christ.

False.

NO scripture provides ANY verifiable connection between antichrist of 1 & 2 John with the Beast of Revelation, Daniels AoD, and/or Pauls Man of Sin/ Son of Perdition.

All efforts to connect antichrist with ANY of these other personas are the result of MAN MADE TRADITIONS only, and have no foundation in scripture.

All efforts to connect antichrist with ANY of these other personas are the result of MAN MADE TRADITIONS only, and have no foundation in scripture.]
I'd say it's more like they have no foundation in your predetermined ideas. Scripture has stated it clear enough for me. You should try reading what the actual words say...instead of going in with predetermined dogma.
You strike me as a pharisee with a miracle staring him in the face...but his dogma won't allow him to believe it is a miracle. As soon as you can accept the full authority of scripture as the word of God, you will be able to let the Spirit of God show you truths...otherwise, you're just practicing vain religion.

You don't even have to reply. I already know your stubborn views. You may as well give the major league baseball schedule as your opinions.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back