Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New and have a question

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Jaide Sokoloff

Well this question is kind of the reason I joined this forum. I'll let you know up front that I'm Jewish, not Christian (please don't ban me). But I wanted to get some Christian opinions on this other forum I came across.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/index.php

They say they are a "friendly Christian community" but then they don't want anyone who isn't a solid Christian to join. When you try to sign up they ask all sorts of questions where you to prove your faith to them. What about all the people they could be ministering to, like people without a faith who are looking for something? Do you think it's really being Christian-like to be unaccepting like that?

Hi Jaide,
I checked out the other site, and they do have a separate Open Forum for both Christians and non-Christians. They might just want an area where Christians can talk "family talk" as it were, I guess. I know there have been several times now that I've left Christian forums because most of the folks posting weren't Christians, like to bash Christianity, and I always felt like I was on the defensive. I log on for interesting conversations, not to get spiritually beat up. Perhaps the owner's of that board went through something similiar and so came up with a Christian only board.

However, all are welcome here at 123. So, we'll count their loss as our gain and welcome you to the board. :smt006

They say they are a "friendly Christian community" but then they don't want anyone who isn't a solid Christian to join. When you try to sign up they ask all sorts of questions where you to prove your faith to them. What about all the people they could be ministering to, like people without a faith who are looking for something? Do you think it's really being Christian-like to be unaccepting like that?
Hi there Jaide. Let me say that this just isn't a trait only found in Christianity. It doesn't even represent Christianity at all. Anyone, Christian or not, that acts like that is acting out of ego, not Faith. This is not a religious issue, this cuts right to the very core of what we call our hearts. It's the heart that needs to be fixed before any other issue, worldly or spiritually.

Hopefully we will learn form each other, since without Judaism, what would become of Christianity?

Peace,
Vic

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back