Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New Atheist

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I would like to point out as my name suggests I am an atheist yet, as my name suggests a respectful one of your religion and theology. After all I was a christian myself for a while so to be disrespectful would be hypocritical.

I would like to start by stating my purpose for joining a christian forum.

As a atheist I must accept that I do no know for certain there is not a God, there for I must be open to people giving me evidence for his existence. If I did not I would be guilty of been closed minded and ignorant. Secondly, I want to rid the fear and hate of atheism. Should you meet most of us we are nice people that would agree with you on most subjects just not that there is a God.

I want people to feel free to ask me questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Atheism - Undoing it's bad reputation

Welcome to the forum. Non-Christians who are here to learn about Christ and the Bible are more than welcome here. However, promotion of atheism is against out ToS. You seem inclined to respect us here and if you continue with that attitude you'll do great.

:wave

Welcome. Since your having followed the Christian lifestyle for a while I hope it gave you some insight. Hopefully your time here will show you how to become a Christian and live it fully. Be well.

The people are friendly. Just be very careful. We have to walk on eggshells constantly because this is their home and we are guests who must play by their rules. I have apparently infringed upon the TOS many times even though I put significant effort into keeping my posts in line with the rules. I can guarantee you will be censored eventually, it happens. Just be respectful and you won't get banned.

You can talk ABOUT atheism, but make sure you word your posts carefully so you aren't PROMOTING atheism. I suggest you don't touch homosexuality at all, I avoid the subject altogether.

I have personally gotten two threads locked already and many of my posts have been removed. I am still here though. Heed the mods warnings and if you get into trouble anywhere do not push the issue. I am still working on that, sometimes I can't help myself but I am getting better at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello 'Respectful Atheist', I'm glad to see your head up out of the trenches.

I try hard to have complete respect for people of all beliefs and none, please forgive me if I show any prejudice. It seems to me that the only real difference between Christians and Atheists is that Atheists do not accept the bible as an historical document. Sure we can all disagree with some things in the bible like the advocation of slavery and whether Genesis is meant to be literal but the main stories are of course the very basis of Christianity.

The apparent conflicts between Science and Christianity are quite frankly borne out of ignorance of that science by those who argue against it. Certainly there will be flaws in many current theories and what we think we know for certain now may not be accurate but the vast bulk of scientific knowledge is safe and reliable unlike many of the fables upon which some people base their lives.

History too is flawed BUT we all accept certain elements of history even where the physical evidence is flimsy at best. My question to you is therefore - 'Why do you not accept the bible as being a valid historical document?' Do bear in mind that all documents written 1700 years ago will be flawed by scientific inaccuracy.

Welcome to the forums! :wave
If you abide by our ToS, then you should be fine. :yes

Note to all: Let's keep this as a simple welcome thread, please. :yes

Back