Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New guy intro

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So Jonathan, if it is ok to ask this, do you have a connection with mormonism that prompted you to mention them? I was saved from that because I am too lazy to give up coffee. :cries smile. Not logical, but nice for me that this was the case.

That's what I'm saying, do christians really have this "blessed life" over the average non believer.
We are not of this world although in it. I don't see why being a christian means we are suddenly given a perfect life in this world. Whatever that form of perfection might be.

We are not of this world although in it. I don't see why being a christian means we are suddenly given a perfect life in this world. Whatever that form of perfection might be.
bluegirl, without any type of comparative experience perfection would be unimaginably horrifying.

That's what I'm saying, do christians really have this "blessed life" over the average non believer.

Yes i do believe they do. Especially if they walk in God's ways and their heart is right then, they in essence walk in God's favor, and their hearts are filled with peace because their trust is in God no matter what is going on.

Yes i do believe they do. Especially if they walk in God's ways and their heart is right then, they in essence walk in God's favor, and their hearts are filled with peace because their trust is in God no matter what is going on.
Hmm, that's not the Christianity I'm seeing.

We are not given a perfect "life" as some might think. But no matter where we are our hearts and attitudes are different. When we are first saved, the heart of stone that we had and the spirit that we had are changed. The rest has to be developed, or practiced.

Hmm, that's not the Christianity I'm seeing.

A lot of people have fallen into religion and religious thinking, instead of reading, meditating, and seeking God's Kingdom or ways. They grab ahold of some deep philosophical meaning of what other men felt that the Bible said instead of reading and taking the Bible for what it really means.

A lot of people have fallen into religion and religious thinking, instead of reading, meditating, and seeking God's Kingdom or ways. They grab ahold of some deep philosophical meaning of what other men felt that the Bible said instead of reading and taking the Bible for what it really means.
Ok.

We are not given a perfect "life" as some might think. But no matter where we are our hearts and attitudes are different. When we are first saved, the heart of stone that we had and the spirit that we had are changed. The rest has to be developed, or practiced.
I don't know if anything develops except as we get our sea legs we learn to get used to true love, in Jesus. And I agree with the rest. But what I meant before was more related to material and outward signs that are viewed as success in this world. ;)

I was thinking to add to all my responses Jonathan something I am sure you have heard. That faith does not mean the Lord will reveal something to us to verify for us his existence, either in the form of emotional or intellectual verification in human 'time'.

I was thinking to add to all my responses Jonathan something I am sure you have heard. That faith does not mean the Lord will reveal something to us to verify for us his existence, either in the form of emotional or intellectual verification in human 'time'.
Faith is a real human faculty bluegirl, you just dont understand what its for.

Unfortunately i would have to disagree. If a person tells God that they trust Him and believe for Him to make Himself real to them, He will show Himself. We just have to be expecting it and looking for it.

Unfortunately i would have to disagree. If a person tells God that they trust Him and believe for Him to make Himself real to them, He will show Himself. We just have to be expecting it and looking for it.
I wasn't talking about exactly the same thing. I mean that faith isn't about verification in human terms as in intellectual proof etc. it's not 'I have faith so now Lord prove to me you exist.'

So Jonathan, if it is ok to ask this, do you have a connection with mormonism that prompted you to mention them? I was saved from that because I am too lazy to give up coffee. :cries smile. Not logical, but nice for me that this was the case.
Bluegirl, no, I don't have a connection with Mormonism. Just used them as one example of a religion in which the believers rely primarily faith and therefore showing that faith isn't reliable.

That's a problem. If Christianity is the one true religion and if the penalty for getting this wrong is eternal damnation, I think it's God's responsibility to somehow reassure people when they do make the decision to ask Christ into their heart.

Last edited:
In Deuteronomy 30:19-20 God clearly states "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that i have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live." Now does this seem like the God that you describe? Here He is telling us that we have a choice. Now would you rather have been an angel who does not have the choice to obey or disobey?
And if i may ask what questions do you have that you feel as if they are contradictory?

Cturtle, What I think is that God isn't really giving us a choice to accept him or not if the penalty of the wrong choice is eternal torture. Furthermore, what is to be said for those who seek truth with an open heart and mind and due to no fault of their own, chose the "wrong" wrong religion? However, my position is that even if someone knowingly chooses "death"(the term used in genesis), a good God would not torture the soul of this rebellious person for eternity. Is that what we do as parents? If your child turns his/her back on you and all you have taught them, do you simply write off that child as dead to you? Of course not. So why would God do this? What blows my mind is how Christians can actually believe a god that would do such a thing is good and merciful.

Regarding contradictory verses, there are many. As a general rule, every single Christian doctrine has passages in the Bible that both support it and refute it. Name a doctrine and I'll show you what I mean. To give a specific example, John disagrees with the synoptic gospels on which day Jesus was crucified. Did the women at the tomb NOT go to galilee to tell the disciples what they had seen (as in Mark) or did they in fact go to galilee (as in Matthew)? Look at the genealogies given for Jesus in the gospels, they don't agree. There are so many, but that is just a quick example.

Ok. So assuming I don't understand - explain. What do you mean it's a faculty and as a faculty what is it for.
It's a security feature that prevents the forming of conflicting mental thoughts when faced with a crisis.

Back