Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] new here but would like prayer for health & job

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I recently finished school (at 60) and getting a job is a challenge, even though I had a high gpa. My work background is very spotty, here and there, and everywhere, even though I've worked since I was 16.

Anyway, I had a job lined up but couldn't do it, partly because my truck, heater broke, and I was freezing going to work and from, and not good at driving in ice, but I was doing it. I was hit hard with some sort of bug though, that took me down. I was out of the job, plus, sick, with a broken heater in my truck. The heater is going to be fixed, but I need to get well, and I need another job.

I know I am new here, but if anyone would be willing to pray for me, I would so appreciate it. God bless and I am really enjoying the interaction I have had on some threads, lots of nice folks:) denise, a sister in Christ

Oh that means so much:) Jason, I know there are always prayer warriors out there, and I am learning to be one also, May God bless you richly, ysic, denise

Dear Father, You know the trial our Sister Denise is in, You plan all things for her good, and You are with her in the fire. Please bring healing to her and provide the employment she needs to sustain herself at this time of her life. Thank You Father and I praise You for all things to Your glory in Jesus' precious name. Amen.

I recently finished school (at 60) and getting a job is a challenge, even though I had a high gpa. My work background is very spotty, here and there, and everywhere, even though I've worked since I was 16.

Anyway, I had a job lined up but couldn't do it, partly because my truck, heater broke, and I was freezing going to work and from, and not good at driving in ice, but I was doing it. I was hit hard with some sort of bug though, that took me down. I was out of the job, plus, sick, with a broken heater in my truck. The heater is going to be fixed, but I need to get well, and I need another job.

I know I am new here, but if anyone would be willing to pray for me, I would so appreciate it. God bless and I am really enjoying the interaction I have had on some threads, lots of nice folks:) denise, a sister in Christ

Hi Ms denise: :pray I hope that you will find not only work but also a continuing, daily sense of being guided by the Lord, Who opens doors that no one shuts, and shuts doors that no one opens (Revelation 3.7). Blessings.

Oh thanks again Jason, and thank you Eugene! I went to lie down, just felt unable to stay up at my desk, but then I got back up. I think it is best to keep moving as much as possible, but yet be wise about it. I just wanted to say I think God is already answering your prayers:) The weather is warming up too finally, we are up to 46 today, where lately, it hadn't gotten above freezing for a few days, praise God!!

Hi Ms denise: :pray I hope that you will find not only work but also a continuing, daily sense of being guided by the Lord, Who opens doors that no one shuts, and shuts doors that no one opens (Revelation 3.7). Blessings.
Thank you farouk, I appreciate your prayers, I know God is/will answer, it just isn't always how I think He will, but it is ALWAYS best for me;)

Thank you farouk, I appreciate your prayers, I know God is/will answer, it just isn't always how I think He will, but it is ALWAYS best for me;)

YW; it's been said that God answers prayer in three ways; 1) yes; 2) no; 3) wait. :)

Sometimes for us it's 3) that is hardest!

Blessings.

Wow ! Guess that was not the job God wanted you to have.
I wondered Reba, I usually am devastated if things don't work out the way i think they should, but it just seemed like I was being held back. Now, I see a larger picture and realize the job may have been way over my head. I will just trust He will open a different door:) Thanks and I love your avatar:) darling little lady whoever she is;) denise, ysic

I see you are up north , it sure has been cold... we are a couple hours south east of Klamath Falls ..... He cares about our colds our jobs our provisions. Drives me crazy but He is never late... :) My mind goes to the scripture/song Consider the Lilies...

Thank you. that photo is about 63 years old...

I see you are up north , it sure has been cold... we are a couple hours south east of Klamath Falls ..... He cares about our colds our jobs our provisions. Drives me crazy but He is never late... :) My mind goes to the scripture/song Consider the Lilies...

Oh, I thought it might be you Reba:) I love many of my childhood memories:) I am familiar with your area, was there many times in and around the 5th grade. Well, K Falls that is. My brother started his career there as a police officer.

Yes, we have had some cold weather this year, and yes, God cares about even the hairs on our heads, or at least knows how many we have:) Those are excellent verses for me to remember, He is always with me, and He won't leave me:) God bless your day Reba, denise, ysic

Back in about 1974 my dh built a house on the lake at Klamath Falls.

Denise, I will pray for both your health and a job. It's good to ask for prayer from the people here.

A few weeks ago I mentioned my dh had gotten laid off for the winter. Well, praise the Lord, he starts work here at home on Monday next week. Not as much money but great benefits, especially health coverage. The thing is, jobs with this employer just don't open up often. He'd been working away from home for the last two years, TX, KS, and up north six hours away.
God answers prayer and there are sincere prayer people here. Many times I just agree with Eugene's prayers, he pretty well covers things.

Denise, I will pray for both your health and a job. It's good to ask for prayer from the people here.

A few weeks ago I mentioned my dh had gotten laid off for the winter. Well, praise the Lord, he starts work here at home on Monday next week. Not as much money but great benefits, especially health coverage. The thing is, jobs with this employer just don't open up often. He'd been working away from home for the last two years, TX, KS, and up north six hours away.
God answers prayer and there are sincere prayer people here. Many times I just agree with Eugene's prayers, he pretty well covers things.

Excellent! :)

Blessings.

Dear Sister celebratejesus, we haven't heard from you and I personally want to know how you're doing. You mentioned having a spotty work background and as I understand it, those hiring expect that with our present economy. Resumes should be one page especially citing your experience for the work they're hiring for only. Research and learn what they do as a company, and something about their personal interests also such as private foundations, or public charities. This is excellent when conversation might extend past the initial interview. There are a great amount of job seekers that list no more than an extended list of their own interests and why they think they're qualified. There is a great list of methods available to prepare for an interview online. Still praying for you in Jesus' name. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back