Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New in more ways than one

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hello, as the title suggests I am new to this in more ways than one. I am not real familiar with forums. I wouldn't know how to respond if someone in the forum would ask me a direct question. As a fairly new Christian I am not completely familiar with Bible verses. Although I am up in years my biblical knowledge is not what I like it to be. I know most of the basics, but it is the intimate details that fails me.

A little about me. As i stated before I am a fairly new Christian. My coming to Jesus was not an abrupt decision in the midst of a crises. It was a long process that took several years. I was also that last hold out of my immediate family to turn to Christ. I grew up in a non-practising Catholic family. We went to church when we were kids. But, eventually we stopped going. In my late teens an Uncle of mine wasa pastoring an Evangillical church and invited me to it. I went and liked what I experienced. I joined his church. I don't know if I really gave my life to God or just went through the motions. Eventually I joined the military and my church life became non-existant. During that time and even after I got out I led a very non-Christian life. Later on I learned that my sister became a Christian in the true sense of the word. I just thought 'good for her', but that was all that I felt about it. Then a few years later my parents became Christians. I must admit I was a little shocked. We were, and still are, a close family. Every now and then they would invite me to church and I would always find some excuse not to go. They were very patient with and never try force me into Christianity. Then one Sunday, on a rare occasion that I actually took up their offer to go to church, during the service a story began to form in my mind. It was a fictional tale about someone who was led into God's service through a supernatural incident. The next day I wrote the story down. I showed it to a cousin who was also a Christian and she encouraged me to expand on it and turn it into a book. As I was writing the book I kind of felt God's presence. It was almost as if He was giving me the words to out down. By the time I finished the book I knew I was ready to give my life to Jesus, this time for real. I hope you forgive me if I don't mention the title of the book or where to find it. I really don't believe self promoting in an area where I am hoping to grow spiritually.

God Bless.

Welcome to the forum. :wave

To respond directly to someone who responds directly to you, you can click the "reply with quote" tab in the lower right of the post...... or you can just respond by putting their name in your post.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back