Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New member saying hello.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

rat19

I'm trying to think of how to introduce myself. It has been such a long time since I've been involved in a church, and I've been in secular culture for so long, I have to rediscover what I have in common with other people which is healthy. And leave behind many things.
I guess I will just tell you folks the basics.
My name is Ian .. I am from a pretty large family, I'm majoring in computer science right now. I've been living in the united states for about 4 years... I lived in Alaska before that (hard to count it as the U.S. in my opinion) and overseas before that.
It feels like my entire life has been lost in this wasted, disillusioned swamp, but that over the last... 2 or 3 years especially, I have been crawling my way out of that swamp.
I recently left behind and an old forum I spent alot of time on, where the community had become so toxic that it was dragging me down. So I realized I really need to associate with other Christians over the internet, when I am on here. Kinda like going to church right? Anyway, that is what inspired me to come here.
I guess I have a long life story also but I think this is enough.
Nice to meet everyone.

Hi rat19
We've already met but I'd like to tell you that we're a nice bunch and I believe you'll have good fellowship here.

I also am far from home and joined for the same reason.

See you around.
Blessings

Wondering

Hi again Ian, and thanks for the intro. I do hope you enjoy and are blessed with us as we fellowship and grow in grace and knowledge of our Savior Jesus. May God bless your time here in Jesus' name. :)

Evening fella.

Pleased to meet you.

I'm sure you will not find this site toxic. I had a similar experience as you. People just riding rough shot over each other, not walking with each other as Christ has asked us to.

I joined this site in January and on the whole I've come to love the people on this site. I have found that they are genuine loving people who are honest and open. So I'm sure your experience here will be different and refreshing.

My son has just started his degree in computing science in September.

Anyway Ian, great to see you and look forward to getting to know you.

Your brother in Christ.

Bill

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back