Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] NEW routes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Sorry to learn of the power outage .... never fun for anyone.

Glad your route wasn't too bad ... that helps!
power was out from two stop lights to the north. I had only 5 meters that had no power. it was restored in one hour. basil had a lot more im sure. so did mike. the digital meters are what needs to be reread when the power comes back on.

Were you able to go thru the cemetery & take pictures?
yes but not much, time was of the essence as I had rain to contend with. so I did take one that was closest to the northern fence. I will edit them and post from my phone. both rebel vets, flags flying, dates are visible.

I find your photo fascinating :wave2

Around east central Illinois, one rarely sees a Confederate flag at a tombstone.

The poem on the memorial is rather touching.

Any idea how old the memorial is?
Recent.Indian river county didn't exist until 1925.Oslo cemetery predates that.1874 is when the Norwegians came.Axl Hallstrom and helseth patriarch changed the settlement name to Oslo after the capital of Norway

That doesn't have a date when it was done.the cow Calvary I used to have a Korean War vet and member of that as a customer.he passed.he was at one time president.

Poor county!

Couldn't make up its mind as to what name it wanted!
No.seperation.everyone it was part of Brevard then st Lucie then become Indian river.the other two counties still exist.I'm on the phone as my latop keys for D and c are picky.I have a map via hyperlink of Florida mas from Spanish colonies to present.I will post Brevard and St Lucie county.the later will list Oslo at its current location and vero as vero.we seperation.everyone from st.Lucie due to the politics of being ignored by ft.pierce.

Still I will post it.some those names are on that ghost town list. I eden,quay,tillman.white city.to include army posts that were still shown.possibly manned.ie forts drum,capron,Basinger,the Spanish kings way and a trail that appears to be later used for us 441

What a history Florida has!

I've a couple of books on ghost towns in Illinois........meaning towns that have be depopulated over time. For some of those former towns, all that is left is a handful of tombstones.

Florida wasn't settled really until the early 20th century with the rr and cars.the car did the most changing to my state.all that is left of Oslo is a few homes and the cemetery and the packing house

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back