Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New story idea! Wanna help?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ok so, I am starting a new story. It's called The Mark Of The Creator. I haven't started writing or anything. The idea is a charicter (I'm thinking male) is living life (not sure what he's doing yet) then an angel comes and they talk and he suddenly can see who is God's. They will have a gold cross floating above them or on their forhead. And it won't represent their choice to accept God's love but if God loves them and values them. I haven't decided if he's going to see "the mark" on everyone all at once or gradually. But it's going to show how he treats people differently as he comes to see that no matter who they are they are valued by God. And at the end I'm thinking he looks in the mirror and sees a mark on himself. So does anyone have any suggestions before I start writing? I.think I want my main charicter to be named Michal. So idea, suggestions, comments, do you think it's horrible...? Be honest. Thanks!

Hmm.. Thinking a better name would be "Mark the creator"
^_^ please try to rephrase the plot... doesn't really make sense to me :tongue

Basicaly guy is doing something
Angel comes down
they talk
guy now sees who God values by a mark on their head (a gold cross)
turns out to be everyone from CEOs to hookers
guy becomes a better person
looks in mirror and sees a mark on himself
The end

Better?

Basicaly guy is doing something
Angel comes down
they talk
guy now sees who God values by a mark on their head (a gold cross)
turns out to be everyone from CEOs to hookers
guy becomes a better person
looks in mirror and sees a mark on himself
The end

Guy doing something-
He should be doing something sinful

Angel and him talk-
They should talk about how he is being unlawful and how god doesn't appreciate what he is doing

Guy becomes better person-
How?

Love the cliff-hanger at the end, if it is one.
This lets the reader decide what he does next.:thumbsup

Something sinful...hm...well this is where I am stuck. We sin everyday so I could make him an everyday joe and hilight the sins or I could make him this really corrupt really bad evil-no-one-likes him person who is sinning out the wazoo! And this is gonna be a novel btw.

Just curious, what is your whole intention of writing? Is it for ministry, hobby, financial gain, etc.? I think you should dig a little deeper with your concept. You are on the right path, just need to flesh out the plot a little more. It seems like you are bouncing around a bit. Find the plot and go with it.

Your name for this forum reminds me of a fiction novel I drafted some time back entitled "Jesus Freaks." It was a super-extreme religious cult who preached the name of Jesus and killed those that committed unlawful acts of sin in their eyes. Example-they blew up a gay bar, and with a long range rifle shot and killed drug dealers and drug addicts, just to name a few.

Keep up the good work.

Yeah I don't have a very sturdy plot thought out yet. But I have figured out that I want my charicter to work for the church in some way.

Ok so, I am starting a new story. It's called The Mark Of The Creator. I haven't started writing or anything. The idea is a charicter (I'm thinking male) is living life (not sure what he's doing yet) then an angel comes and they talk and he suddenly can see who is God's. They will have a gold cross floating above them or on their forhead. And it won't represent their choice to accept God's love but if God loves them and values them. I haven't decided if he's going to see "the mark" on everyone all at once or gradually. But it's going to show how he treats people differently as he comes to see that no matter who they are they are valued by God. And at the end I'm thinking he looks in the mirror and sees a mark on himself. So does anyone have any suggestions before I start writing? I.think I want my main charicter to be named Michal. So idea, suggestions, comments, do you think it's horrible...? Be honest. Thanks!

Your in the right direction, like I said in my post on another thread you mentioned, the title got my attention.

So all are valued by God, but at first he didn't know they were?

Back